Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 05:35:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
542 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

GRRRRRR

Started by jackpilot, January 23, 2011, 12:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Some days I feel like Maurice and contemplates ice fishing as a Hobby !!

All my computers were working super fine this afternoon. Shut them down as usual.

Powered them a minute ago and  one of them does not display anything. Monitors are ok (checked them with another VGA connection) but no signal gets out of that PC. Dead black. The computer starts but does not make the usual clicks...That machine is a bit more than a year old.

HD failure?   can it  happen without warning, like that??

:-[

Jack

NeoMorph

Oh god... sounds like Gary's monitor faults have infected you Jack.

Hard drive fault would still show up the boot from the bios... Sounds silly but try removing all the peripherals from the PC (ie hard drive, DVD) and booting up... you should get the bios bootup sequence even without a hard drive. At least you would rule out them causing the problem.

If that doesn't work, reseat your video card (you would be amazed how badly out of alignment some cards are and after a time of heat and cold they move enough to break some of the connections).

If that doesn't work clear the CMOS... then check again.

If that doesn't work... either mobo or gfx card is fritzed... you would need to try your gfx card in another PC to check it... Mobo you would need another gfx card to be definite.

I hope you have more luck than Gary is having.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

jackpilot

Moving the Grfx card and the memory bar did the trick... ::) so far!
Had to remove the PC from the spaghetti bowl, put it on the kitchen table and stared at it with my meanest look, (shaped like the weekly garbage truck)...that probably did it !!

Thanks for the info.
JP

Jack

NeoMorph

Sometimes the simplest things fix these annoying beasts... but guess what...

NOW MY NEW GAMING PC IS THROWING RANDOM FLASHES AND STUFF ALL OVER THE 3D SCREEN...

I was right... Gary's problem is infectious. I'm just in the middle of a system restore to see if anything I have been doing for research has upset mine... It was fine when I shut it down earlier too.

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

jackpilot

When everything works, just enjoy it while you can!.
Back in business with a little night circuit...
Made a temporary window frame (Coroplast of course!!)

Jack

NeoMorph

Avast caused a problem with my setup as the darn thing ran out and then hung... OOOH! Given me something else to mention to Gary...

Maurice

Quote from: jackpilot on January 23, 2011, 12:29:12 PM
Some days I feel like Maurice and contemplates ice fishing as a Hobby !!

HD failure?   can it  happen without warning, like that??

:-[

Ice fishing??? Are you nuts? Sometimes I just want to be a couch potato and let others entertain me instead of banging my head against the wall because it feels so good when I finally stop.

And as far as "can it happen" question, the answer is not 'can it' but when will it happen. I bet you have not yet made any image backups of your PCs after your earlier scare  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

NeoMorph

Computer really can depress you something awful... I'm just about ready to pack in because every time I start FSX I have to spend a while moving and resizing panels because the stupid program cannot remember where the hell it put the silly things. A simple design fault yet it's really making my life miserable.

Grrrrrr...

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate