Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 08:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
547 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 547
Total: 547

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

IRC chat

Started by Bob Reed, August 22, 2011, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Hey folks. There eis a live chat available on this site. On the main page part way down the left side bar. It is called "Live Chat"! Imagine that! Anyway I have been neglecting it but I will work hard to be better about sitting in there when I have time. So drop in and say hi! It gets lonely!!   :idiot:

phil744

Dont know why when i click on it i get allsorts or warnings and stuff that makes me scream in a Homer simpson fashion and run off.

Something to do with security certificate bla bla bla, sorry im not web expert  :idiot:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

Bob Reed

I see you did figured it out. It is because it is a java application. We are going to change it.

Tom_G_2010

Are there any profile settings or admin level permissions that might disable it?    I'm not seeing anything that looks like a chat option on the left side of the page.
PC: Intel Core i5 @ 2.8GHz, 6Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, ATI Radeon HD5450
SIM:FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASE sp3, Megascenery Earth & X

Bob Reed

Ok Tom yes we just discovered an issue with the site. Anyone else that is having this problem please let me know.

phil744

Quote from: Tom_G_2010 on August 22, 2011, 04:35:00 PM

Are there any profile settings or admin level permissions that might disable it?    I'm not seeing anything that looks like a chat option on the left side of the page.

Make sure your on the home page, anywhere else on the site the chat option is replaced by the dontaion option
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Bob Reed

IRC chat is down right now. Will have it back up soon...... Have I said I hate mornings??!!

phil744

Bob Reed

phil744

heheh what happened to the site anyhow?

Bob Reed

Quote from: phil744 on August 23, 2011, 03:23:39 AM
heheh what happened to the site anyhow?

Server burp...... IRC is back up in limp mode still working on it....

Bob Reed

The chat is back up and working. There is a small issue but I am working on that. So hop on and listen to me cry the Blues... lol not really.......

Tom_G_2010

I now see the chat option.  I can't test it now though, I'm only on a quick break at work.  I'll try to get on line this evening and see how it works.
PC: Intel Core i5 @ 2.8GHz, 6Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, ATI Radeon HD5450
SIM:FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASE sp3, Megascenery Earth & X

NeoMorph

Windows 7 and Firefox really doesn't like the chat... throws up security warnings due to some error that says it's unsafe.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on August 23, 2011, 05:59:45 AM
Windows 7 and Firefox really doesn't like the chat... throws up security warnings due to some error that says it's unsafe.

Ignore the warnings it is because it is a java app we are working to change that. BUT if you want to go to the chat for now you must ignore the warnings.

Bob Reed

Will be in the "Live Chat" room most of the day.

Maurice

I cannot see the chat icon.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

Maurice, do you log in every time you visit or do you just stay logged in? If you stay logged in, try logging out and back in as your account is setup correct.

Maurice

Quote from: Bob Reed on August 24, 2011, 03:01:35 AM
Maurice, do you log in every time you visit or do you just stay logged in? If you stay logged in, try logging out and back in as your account is setup correct.

Thanks. I see it now.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

Well I am taking off for a bit so I will not be on. Be back on later.

Bob Reed

Back at the IRC chat. Come join us for a while!

Bob Reed

We have added a new chat client. Join the builders channel and let me know what you think of it. All the security warnings are now gone.

Bob Reed

Full house in the chat room. Come join us!

Bob Reed

IRC chat was busy yesterday. Hop on and join the fun!

jackpilot

Full House...hey I bet
could nt log in

"The session limit for your host 10.1.0.13 has been exceeded."

:D

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate