Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 09:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
506 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 506
Total: 506

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

POLL/QUESTIONAIRE - for new flight simulator, kick starter project

Started by aviator738ops, June 15, 2013, 11:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameni

Quote from: jskibo on June 20, 2013, 09:29:30 AM
If I were you I would also be talking to the ProSIm, Sim Avionics and PM folks about what interest they have in interfacing to a new flight sim and what kind of data and data formats they need from you to keep up from having to pony up another $1700 to use your world.
I'm sure that, if this project was to be carried out, it would have to be pretty open and it would be essential to have an early cooperation with a wide range of companies going to make the content for it, else it would end up like the Flight.

Some things cannot be easily ported, but this one should be relatively straightforward. Even now you can communicate with the JSBSim FDM via its property system. The in-game rendered cockpits are using it to animate the instruments, or to bind the inputs to it, and it can be dragged outside just as well.

On the related note, there's also an ARINC-661 interface in the works for our "pro" version.

bernard S

okay thats cool on the pro side and is great for CDU s etc etc  but what about  the rest of the aircraft? will we be subject to 1553?. Makes for a very expensive environment when the object of today is COTS.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate