Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 03:08:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
535 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 535
Total: 535

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

what brand of panels will fit a real overhead frame?

Started by Gallie, May 06, 2017, 04:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gallie

Hi all,

My current 737 overhead panels (lights and no smoking panels only) wont fit the switch holes of the original 737 overhead frame.

What brand of panels will fit the switch holes of the original frame?

I could adjust the current holes on the frame to fit my panels, but i am affraid i wont be able to propperly fasten some switches. This is a last resort...

I am looking for a way to just replace the lights and no smoking panels without replacing the other overhead panels. unless there is no other option.

I dont want to use the original panels because of the 5v bulbs vs 12v led on the rest of the overhead panels.

Any suggestion is welcome.

thanks,

Mike

jackpilot

Those 2 specific panels arrangement differed over the years. All depends on your frame series (from the early models to the NG).

OEM panels , if you can find them, are your best bet.
Feeding them 5V is not really an issue IMHO.
Jack

Jack

Aerosim Solutions

You could replace the original Dzus rails with timber ribs then anything will fit! Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

jackpilot

Gwyn
I think his problem is the metal backer which is part of the frame itself . That frame  is certainly an older model (200-300-500...) and the buttons and switches arrangement differed over time. New repro panels going on top are based on the NG and do not match all the cutouts.
Hence, finding the proper OEM panels or overlaying blank plates on the old ones and redrilling/cutting out proper holes for buttons , switches, annunciators.
Jack

Jack

Gallie

Jack, thats exactly what i mean.
Its actually a challenge rather than a problem.

My frame is from a 400 i think. it has the exact same switch layout as most NG's. apart from the rain repellant switches.

The replica panel i use is from a top notch company in europe.

I think my best option is overlaying a new blankpanel. Aluminum has been ordered, not sure what thickness to use for this. I think i will start with 1mm.

Mike

jackpilot

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate