Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 11:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
505 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 505
Total: 505

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What Board Do You Recommend?

Started by kenrosefire, February 28, 2018, 10:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenrosefire

Hello all! I have been a flight simmer for a long time, but I have never gotten into cockpit building recently. I am trying to build a 737 NG Cockpit, but I have not decided what board I want to use. I am using X-Plane and I would like to continue using it, but I can go to MSFS or P3D if needed. I have looked at Arduino, Opencockpits, Leo Bodnar, etc., but I have not found a clear winner. I would like to hear your thoughts on it. Thank you!

FredK

Hi Gaven

The first question you need to decide is what avionics program you plan to use.

The avionics and systems programs that are provided with P3D and Xplane are very basic.  As you work through your build you will quickly become frustrated that there is a lot missing from a cockpit standpoint. 

The responses that you will get here will be more valuable to you if you provide some insight on all that.

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

kenrosefire

Thank you for your response! I am planning to use the EADT x737 for X-Plane as my aircraft with XHSI as my external display if that helps.

XOrionFE

Hello Gavin,

For what you are planning you would be best off using Teensy By PRJC.   Best integration with X-Plane.   Also you should use the Zibo mod 737.  It is best for a cockpit builder for an NG as far as I know   FlyJsim for 727 or 732, and IXEG for 733.   All of these are extensively modeled.  The IXEG is on par if not better than PMDG and probably Prosim or Sim A in P3D/FSX world...(Check out Mike Rays comments and books about the IXEG...).   I would also recommend going with CP Flight MCP, Efis, and Radios as there is a speciific plugin out now that gives perfect integration and endorsed by CP Flight by Jorg Bliessener.  While not doing an NG, my sim is X-plane based on the excellent IXEG 733 and using Teensies for integration.   You are lucky to live in Nashville as you are only an 8 hr drive from visiting the two most advanced teensy arduino integrated 737s on the planet. (Mine in Sugar Grove, IL right next door to KARR) and Rob's in South Bend, In right next to KSBN).

If you were doing P3D then your best choice of avionics will be Prosim or Sim-Avionics and their respective corresponding airframes.   Then as Fred pointed out there are many different interface choices to choos from.  Sim-A definitely FDS cards but Prosim has like around 5-6 different options they support.

Best regards,
Scott

ifeliciano

Quote from: XOrionFE on February 28, 2018, 01:38:53 PM
Hello Gavin,

For what you are planning you would be best off using Teensy By PRJC.   Best integration with X-Plane.   

Scott

Scott,

Can the Teensy also  be used to drive gauges (servo or stepper) and solenoids or would you need a different IO board for them?

XOrionFE

Yes Ivan, Teensy can handle all that and a whole lot more.

Scott

ifeliciano

Thanks!

I was watching some of your videos on YT. Do you use an AI package or are those aircraft at the airport part of X-Plane?

XOrionFE

The planes are part of X-plane or come with airport scenery.  There is no 3rd part traffic simulation running.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate