Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
462 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 462
Total: 462

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

TQ debate (4 fun)

Started by jackpilot, April 22, 2010, 06:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Now you may laugh! 
This is my very first TQ. circa early 90'
The main body is a garbage bin, the handles are water pipe, the levers are shelving brakets (the ones you put under a shelve and hook on a vertical rail), ditto for the flap handle on the left, and the landing gear on the right. The levers bases are Gutter elbows. Only one pot , still there on the right of the bases, (no separate trottles as you move both together).
Reverse was FSUIPC  pulling full aft. In the center hole was a real Jeppesen pocket calculator that I used for real flight.
There used to be engine start switches in the holes.
Cost probably around $30, done over a week end.
Just to prove that you can have fun with little, I used it for a fairly long time.
But I was flying a generic and I doubt that anyone would put that in a modern 737 Sim.
This is the problem today, we want it all...good looking, 99% faithfull copy to the last bolt, right feel, motorized and...low cost.!

BTW if anyone want this relic, its free! just pay shipping!!! ;)
Cheers.

Jack

Kennair

That's absolutely beautiful Jack.  These burgeoning builds hold a special place in all sim builders hearts I'm sure.  I haven't been in the building game quite as long as you but hold my first attempt close to my heart also.  Its a King Air quad which was built using old shelf brackets for levers, hand crafted timber handles and the top plate was a hacked VCR case cut with tin snips and files.  I printed the label on a laser printer and laminated it prior to gluing.

Thanks for the great topic.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jackpilot

Your handles were so nice!!! Very close to real.!
I forgot that one, my # 2. Early prototype of the new one. Never used it really.
(The levers of which have been given a new life by Steve)

Jack

Trevor Hale

Ok, Jack.. and Ken..  You guys totally put my first attempt to shame..
Well Second, if I count my Airbus..  But here have a look for yourself..  :idiot:

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

shaneb

Hey guys,

All of those are really nice . . I think most of us started out in a very similiar fashion . . and as we get deeper into flightsim we start wanting everything correct as Jack stated.  Ken . . I wanted to start with the King Air a couple years ago but just found no support for it . . really like that aircraft, that is a nice looking KA TQ. 
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

Steve post has been lost in the server sweep!!!!

Jack

Trevor Hale

Ahhh Crap, Guess I missed that one..  Steve... can you repost please?

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

warvet

This was mine, turned out pretty good :)I do love looking at all you guys difft TQs though, excellent stuff for sure.

By the way this is also an incredibly old photo, the sim has been upgraded hugely since this dinosaur pic was taken. :)
Tim
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Steve A

Quote from: Trevor Hale on April 22, 2010, 04:31:51 PM
Ahhh Crap, Guess I missed that one..  Steve... can you repost please?

Trev
Oh right i cant remember exactly what i posted but it was something along the lines of how much you guys amaze me with the length of time you have been involved in sim building, It gives encouragement to a someone new like myself to see old tq's from years ago, because it shows you all started somewhere too.
I have total respect and admiration for anyone who builds anything for their flightdeck.
My tq is my first and its something i'm really proud of because minus the levers from Jack, i made all of it, ok its not to scale and its not even the right colour or even fully wired yet... but its mine and i had so much fun making it. I really hope i can post a picture of it in years to come so new builders in the future can be in the same position as i am now.

Long may all you veteran simbuilders continue handing down your knowledge(and throttle levers lol) to new blood like me.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate