Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
454 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 454
Total: 454

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Network question

Started by jackpilot, May 14, 2010, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

My oldest computer (Win 2000)plays tricks,others are XP
He behaves like a server having access to other computers but not allowing them to acess shared documents without logging on. A little box opens asking for User name, if I type administrator he opens the gates.
All computers are on the same group and all shared files are allowed for "Everyone"
At one point I shared the HD "C" on that computer and it solved the problem. Without any change, it does not work anymore even if the HD is shared ???

I 'm not "fluent" in that domaine.. any help?

Jack

Efe

Have you tried giving full access to all other computers explicitly (by name) as opposed to just granting it to everyone? That might do it.

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on May 14, 2010, 12:33:53 PM
My oldest computer (Win 2000)plays tricks,others are XP
He behaves like a server having access to other computers but not allowing them to acess shared documents without logging on. A little box opens asking for User name, if I type administrator he opens the gates.
All computers are on the same group and all shared files are allowed for "Everyone"
At one point I shared the HD "C" on that computer and it solved the problem. Without any change, it does not work anymore even if the HD is shared ???

I 'm not "fluent" in that domaine.. any help?

Try turning the guest account on. I am trying to think way back but I think that is what you are looking for.

jackpilot

aouhh dou aï  dou zat???

Jack

XOrionFE

In you network adapter properties make sure you have file and printer sharing still installed and checked.  Also make sure in the servIces section in control panel that the "server" service is running.  You also should make sure that for the shared folders that the share permissions as well as the file and folder permissions are set to Everyone Full Control.

If none of those work let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.

Scott

jackpilot

Fiouuuuu!
Thanks
will be over and out for the week end...
Will report on monday

Gone fishing  ...yes.. ice is getting thin way up here.
Cheers friends.
JP

Jack

jackpilot

Thanks Scott: was all ok . Grrrrr
But in the meantime, as I was checking everything related to the word "Network"I found out what the "Client account" was and activating it solved the problem....Thanks Bob!!

Thank you friends...one thing less to worry about. ;D

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate