Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:16:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
446 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 446
Total: 446

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flying a very nice sim

Started by jackpilot, May 17, 2010, 12:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Finally, I spent the week end at Alain Tremblay's in Quebec city
His Sim is basically finished and running.
Its level of sophistication is stunning and is only matched by the ingenuity of its builder.
The controls feel is "heavy iron" and without compromise. The sound ambiance is amazing.
Basically Alain made most of the parts, including MIP, Glarewings, pedestal box, side walls, linked rudders and yokes, J rails for the seats,etc. He built two successive 737TQs and finally got a real one
The rudder pedals, the yokes, and the new TQ  are real B737 parts.
He motorized the TQ with motor and clutch and I must admit that seeing and HEARING the trim wheels turning (2 speeds depending on flaps or no flaps) when you hit the trim switch is a real kick. The speedbrake moves also as it should. The temporary visual is 3 monitors on a TH2GO. (Not much time to look out of the window anyway). Soft is full PM, with Fs9. FO side is 100% operational. (the FO himself was at a much lower percentage!)
Alain insists (rightfully) on a strict respect of checks and procedures and,  starting from cold and dark, (all computers and soft already running in the background) it takes a good half hour before you hit the centerline.
Flying that way clearly demonstrates that there is no alternative to a crew of two.
Even if it has not been updated for a while, Alain's site is a wealth of information and tips on how to build perfect parts with ordinary tools and materials. A must read document with tons of self explaining pictures.
http://www.sim-737ng.com
Alain is a member here and will gladly help I'm sure.
Many thanks  Captain for two days of professionnal flying aboard Alpha Tango 132.

Jack

Sean

Thanks for that excellent mini-report on Alain's sim Jack. It looks great.

MLeavy737

The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Jetcos

Looks amazing Alain!   Love all the extras in the flightdeck, masks etc.

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Boeing Skunk Works

Looks like a good time.

I have to ask though, is there any structure beyond the overhead and the eyebrow trim? The photo lighting makes this cockpit look very strange.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

jackpilot

The lower part, built on a plateform, includes the Mip, and white side walls complete with map panels, lights, oxy, rudder wheel ,etc. The top part is anchored to the ceiling rafters and inlcludes front/aft overhead, eyebrows, oxy masks.
Which means that the windows framing is not yet in. Alain has the real trim panels for this and around the OVH, yet to be cleaned and installed.
The visual will be multi jumbo monitors.

Jack

Boeing Skunk Works

Ah. So I wasn't going crazy trying to see something that wasn't there. My head was trying to fill in the blanks.  :o
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

bussgarfield

Thanks for the report Jack.

Alain, what a superb cockpit. I have been onto your website and whilst not speaking much French - yet, your step by step construction images speak for themselves. It just goes to show what can be done with wood and glue.
I take my hat off to you. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

alphatango

First of all thank you Jack for your nice report on here... :)
It was a real pleasure for my wife and me to meet your girl friend and you ! Also we had a good time trying to land at this old Hong Kong airport decently... :) And I always like to show my "Baby"!

Thank you also to all of you for your good words!

I already know most of you by reputation or by having talk to you by email previously. Here is a great concentration of serious cockpit builders.
So jack has already answer some of your questions...

Jetcos, the masks are real one but this is only a cherry on the cake, because on a real 737-800NG they are not located at this position and are not this type of oxygen masks. But I wanted to add them because of the looking of it... Just for my pleasure. This is one of the rare exceptions I permit to myself in my building. Most of the making is like in the real one... :)

Unfortunately I need more spare times to make my web site updated... I confess it's a long time I did not make this update. I will try my best to refresh it as soon as possible. I have so much new stock to add... :(

Thank you thank you to all for your words... Thank you also for your welcome :)
Sorry for my poor english!
I read you everyday now.

Alain
Construire ses rêves
http://www.sim-737ng.com/

Trevor Hale

Alain,

Great to see you had such a great time with Jack..  I have been busy at work "Cleaning out my desk" But none the less, hope to be able to get back to building something like what you have as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate