Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
447 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 447
Total: 447

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Last minute help!

Started by matta757, June 09, 2010, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matta757

Hi everyone,

Warren posted this link in another topic and I should have asked this question earlier but I have been working all day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boeing-737-757-767-Cockpit-CRT-Panels-/200480706402?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Aviation_Parts_Gear&hash=item2ead94cf62#ht_500wt_985

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to set these CRT screens up to be computer monitors/take inputs from the computer? Is it even possible? I realize the auction ends in less than two hours, but if ANYONE can lend me some guidance before I make an investment in these I would appreciate it. Shipping these alone from NZ to the USA will cost me upwards of $100 and I just wanna get an idea if I can even make successful use of them.

Thanks!

Matt

Boeing Skunk Works

You need to know what voltage and frequency these use for operation. I can almost be certain they are going to require 400 Hz power regardless of the voltage.

Mike Powell may know more about them.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

matta757

Pardon my ignorance, but I am assuming that is a lot?

Boeing Skunk Works

An inverter for 400 cycle power is not cheap. There are rotating inverters which are cheaper, but they are large and bulky. The static inverters are very expensive. You could get lucky and pick up a cheap one for a couple of hundred or possibly less, but they are generally very expensive depending upon their wattage or amperage rating.

If you try to operate a 400 Hz device on 60 Hz you will fry the electronics.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

phil744

Basically you have no chance as they are not complete, all the gubbins have been removed,no driver board or EHT, only can be stripped more and frames to be used, did u get them BTW?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

matta757

Thanks for the responses guys.

Phil- no I did not. I ended up deciding it was too much of a chance to invest in them. I figured I'd be better off going with small LCD monitors. I know you're building a 767, do you by chance know the dimensions of the CRT screens? By the way, I am still wanting to buy one of your 767 MCP panels, so looking forward to Simvionics coming back online!

Matt

phil744

Hey Matt, sorry i dont know what they are, thats why i was after them, but i found a few more in other places so gonna see if i can get my hands on those,  once got i can replicate them, no idea how because im not going the usual LCD for gauges method but proper airliner gauges interfaced instead, and CRT for the displays :)

will get back to you about the MCP, i dont want to take any more work on at this moment cause im snowed under :(
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate