Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
97 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Just released - SimKnobs B737 Steering Tiller

Started by nihad, October 18, 2009, 05:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nihad

Available now from http://www.simknobs.com - A new B737 Steering tiller casted out of aluminum. This product can only be sold as shown in the picture.  In order to keep these units affordable, Customers will need to finish the units themselves. At this time I only have a few of these items in stock.  We can build to order, however due to the amount of material required to manufacturer these, I only manufacturer 5 tillers at a time.  If you would like more information, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly through this site, or email me. simknobs@yahoo.com

Nihad
www.simknobs.com

Trevor Hale

Hi Nihad..

As always, Simknobs has produced another Great Product.  You say you have a couple of these available? How much are you selling these for at this point in time? 

Trev

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ivar hestnes

Boeing Skunk Works

Looks really good!

Wish I' known four days ago.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Efe

Nice work once again Nihad! Any plans for an NG tiller anytime soon?

nihad

Thanx all for the kind words price will be made available shortly and to Efe NG hmm I guess the NG has the pointer attached to the outside of the handle? Making these handles was already a real adventure and I need a handle of my own to copy seeing NG handles are not that easy to get I do not think that will happen anytime soon. (this handle will look good in a NG flightdeck too)  ;D

Regards,

Nihad

routech

respect, but it's copy from a 727
Look om my webpage  www.routech.ro  to see 737 NG tiller

Regards,
Dieter JAKOB

Efe

I know you produce them Jakob, Ian got his from you. I bought one from yet another manufacturer that turned out to be same as the one Nihad made (of course in looks, perhaps not in quality/performance) and gave it away to another builder and I'm now looking to get an NG one. Although Mike's thread the other day did motivate me to contemplate making one myself. At least until I read the part on painting, painting, painting, sanding, putting primer on, sanding, painting, etc etc etc ;)

jackpilot

I just ordered one yesterday from Nick (APHS)...
Tillers are a hot item these days

BTW how is the tiller operated, mean from the capt point of view.
Is it proportional, like a steering wheel, or does it work with small inputs one side or another and springload back to neutral??

Jack

Trevor Hale

Generally, when you program the tiller in FSUIPC, it works up to 80Kias, and  then the rudder pedals take over, until there is enough airflow over the rudder (Nosewheel disconnect).

It is my experience that 10 to 20 degrees either way on the tiller is more then enough, and generally there is no spring to center..

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

Quote from: Efe on October 18, 2009, 09:56:38 AM
I know you produce them Jakob, Ian got his from you. I bought one from yet another manufacturer that turned out to be same as the one Nihad made (of course in looks, perhaps not in quality/performance) and gave it away to another builder and I'm now looking to get an NG one. Although Mike's thread the other day did motivate me to contemplate making one myself. At least until I read the part on painting, painting, painting, sanding, putting primer on, sanding, painting, etc etc etc ;)

The finishing many times, takes longer than the build if you want a professional and flawless finish.

All it takes is patients and some elbow grease. You can't rush drying paint, but you can paint when and where it will dry the fastest. When the temp is moderate and the humidity is low is best. You can also choose paint that will dry faster than others.

Acrylic lacquer dries 100 times faster than acrylic enamel so the job goes faster. You can re-coat lacquer in 15 minutes and each new coat will melt the top of subsequent coat so it bonds to the new coat. Lacquer is ready for a final sand & polish in around 12 hours. Enamel takes about three days or more depending upon environmental factors.

Enamel will not do this and takes an eon or more to dry.

If you want some help on finishing projects you can PM me and I'll give you some pointers and tips.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate