Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 03:44:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
518 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 541
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 518
Total: 518

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Since I'm Up!

Started by dharrison, January 08, 2011, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dharrison

Well,

Figured I would post (Since I am up) about what a treat I had last night. Scott (XOrionFE) and I were able to get his sim up and running with Sim-A and the like. It took us some time to get everything worked out and there still a few bugs, but man what an adventure to be able to fly a 737 in your basement. By 0200 we were able to finally sit down and take off.  Bottom line, I didn't get home and in bed until almost 0400, I live 20 minutes away.

I am sure Scott will post a couple of pics at some point but really great work by Scott all around on this sim. The progress is really amazing. Lots of work to do however, no doubt we will be ready for WorldFlight 2011!!!!

Don

ETomlin

Hey Don

I read this thread the other day but didnt get a chance to respond. I know the feeling. No, I dont have a 3 ch surround visual but on Saturday I took the LJ45 for a 20 minute flight from the new KTPA scenery over to  Lakeland, FL in preparation for a possible sim visit. (The folks never got back with me, and so me and wife went to see "The Tourist", which was very good btw). I digress...Anyhow, it had been about 2 weeks since I had flown the sim due to heavy R&D on the LJ45 panels and each and every time I do that and then get back into the sim it is incredible. I hand flew most of the way and doing those nice steep turns really make you feel like you are rolling in real life for just a moment.

Im very glad that Scott has such a knowledgeable person that is enthusiastic about coming over when able to work and fly. That really, in my opinion, makes all this hard work so much MORE fun and worth it. I've thought that I found folks that were interested several times, but life always pops up and gets in the way eventually. At any rate, you guys are doing a great job and I look forward to making it up there (hopefully) for WF2011 if it works out.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate