Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 09:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
541 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 541
Total: 541

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Lateral eyepoint and the crabbing effect

Started by Maurice, May 04, 2011, 05:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

I took some pictures showing the view from the captain seat and the first officer seat with different values (center value) for the aircraft.cfg eyepoint setting. I still don't know for sure which one I prefer but it would be either the -3 or -5 value. Both of these look horrible for the first officer. A reasonable compromise if both pilots are flying would be around -1.5 I but that is very subjective.

Bottom line I think is to experiment and see what looks best for you especially if you are the only one flying. But I think a big part of the crabbing effect is also due to the glareshield which when looking towards the right side (if captain) looks like it is slopping up as you can see in the pictures and that creates a visual illusion.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

saabpilot

Hello,

I have set my panel.cfg (not aircraft.cfg - but you can set it there too) for optimal view without crabbing effect from the CPT seat.  See my values below.

This gives as Maurice says a heavy "crabbing effect" on the F/O side, but since all flying is made from the CPT position in my case I believe it is better to do so.
When having a visitor flying - he will do fly from left seat.  If he is to act PNF (Pilot Non Flying) it is only a minor inconvenience with the "crabbing view" in the right seat.

Unfortunately not anything we can fix to get 100% correct views in both positions at all times when sitting offset from screen center as this is a built in "feature" in both FS9 and FSX.

(My outside view is projected on a 2.20 m (100") wide screen)

Bjorn

[Views]
View_Forward_Zoom=0.60
VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=-3,1,0
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-5,0,9
Fly Safe - Low and slow
There are Young Pilots there are Bold Pilots but no Bold and Old Pilots.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate