Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
472 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 472
Total: 472

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Instructor Station - Luis Gordo

ISLOGO

What is Instructor Station ?

In flight simulation, an Instructor Operator Station (IOS) is designed to assist the instructor in controlling the simulation training environment and monitoring all aspects of pilot/crew performance in the simulator. The instructor can control, via this software, all functions such as aircraft position and systems, meteorological, environmental, and situational parameters.

The Instructor Station is meant to assist Aviation Professionals, Flight Simulation Enthusiasts and Home Cockpit Builders using Microsoft® Flight Simulator (FS) 2004™, FSX™ and ESP™, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® and X-Plane®.

The Instructor Station allows setting the aircraft on an approach to a runway of choice under any weather conditions, start-up and shutdown network computers (fully customizable), program or set aircraft system failures at any moment, calculate the amount of fuel required for a flight and load it to the aircraft, record flight performance (approaches, manoeuvres, landings, take-offs, etc.) and plot it graphically, and many other things!

Compatible with all types of aircraft! It is also a great tool for anybody who wants to control the flight simulator externally.

Many features are also available for Project Magenta users (pmSystems, Glass Cockpit, CDU/MCDU, MCP/FCU), AST & FMGS JeeHell users.

Developed by a pilot, engineer & flight simulation enthusiast.

TRY THE DEMO AND ORDER YOUR LICENSE TODAY !!

Failures for Helicopters

Started by Jess, June 25, 2011, 06:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jess

Luis,

I use Windows XP Pro and FSX.

I have installed Instructor Station v1.51 and have looked at it only in "Demo Mode", so far. My simulator is based on a Bell 206 helicopter and uses an add-on called the Dodosim 206 FSX.

When I set the IStation for Aircraft Type and check "All Types" the JetRanger shows in the Aircraft Type box.

When I go to the Failures page I see most of the failures listed by tabs (General, Panel, etc., although they are represented by a plane). I was wondering if it would be possible to have a "general systems" failure tab or a "helicopter systems" tab which would show all of the system failures that are related to the "system" failures for helicopters in the FSX.

The program looks wonderful and maybe I'm just not seeing what I need or there is something I'm not trying.

Regards,

Jess

luisgordo

Hi there,

What you have observed is correct:  currently there are no failures specific to helicopters. We will add this request for future revisions.

If you have any other requests, let me know.

Best regards,
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

Jess

Luis,

Thank you for considering more general aircraft system component failures and especially some related more to helicopters.

With the release of the Dodosim 206 FSX we now have consumer (or home based) Bell 206 JetRanger simulator capabilities that can be used for "real world" training for this helicopter. So the next logical step would be an instructor station which the "home based" simulator can use that is affordable to more people. I believe your efforts with this and your IStation have been outstanding and just want to add my thanks along with all the others I have seen.

If you are interested I am including my website below to show some of my progress to date.

http://www.computerrepairs.ca/Simulator.htm

At this stage, just being able to have user friendly access to what is available from the default FSX "systems" tab in failures would be great. Helicopters have some unique system component failures and I could probably add some things down the road, but a step at a time is probably more realistic.

Thanks again,

Jess

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate