Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:19:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
114 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

The Final Decision

Started by warvet, October 30, 2009, 10:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warvet

Hey guys, well its been a long road and allot of fun, but practicality and life unfortunately must now overshadow dreams and fun. I know I made a similar decision not long ago but really only sort of followed through. I still had some of that zeal left thats required to keep pushing, but after 10+ years, that zeal has all but gone.

I have now 100% committed to selling off all that I have sim related at very very reasonable fire sale type prices.  Honestly could really use the help guys in selling what I have it really would be an awesome start for some new builder looking to get a huge leg up.
I have fully wired overhead A340-MIP-Glare shield which can be used for A320 A330 and modified for boeing aircraft a well, very well made some modified rudder pedals, Fully custom Airbus TQ etc.

NOW LISTEN! Im not interested in a bunch of vultures trying to break me down to nearest penny, this is 10 years of my life and I spent 10s of 1000s of dollars on these part but am willing to be very fair. Also I am not interested in hearing from guys looking for stuff made 4 weeks ago top of line immaculate shape and want value village pricing, so if thats you save the finger pressure on the keyboard, cause the answer is NO! 

This is for that builder who really wants to save some cash, get a great deal and start with a good leg up on maybe some generic airbus or a/c and just have some really good starter stuff to help them out. My overhead alone as it is may not help some builders out because there not A340 but the buttons and switches themselves are worth the buy to be put into any  320 build all wired etc. 

Ok that said, When I succeed in selling off my goodies, ill probably just leave hobby all together, but it truly has been a great ride guys and all thanks to you. I know I was going to leave b4 but didn't have the heart, well unfortunately other commitments are making my decision allot more solid and less emotional.

All the best guys. I assume ill be here for a bit yet, but a very special thx Trev to making this forum better than anything out there and allowing me to be an integral part of it. All the best, Your friend always Tim A340 (Selling)
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Trevor Hale

Well, I don't know what to say Tim..  I hope you can sell your Airbus stuff, in the current economy It might be hard.

I am saddened by your decision, but I know that the love of Simming will remain in your heart for a long time to come.  Perhaps when you are old and crotchety like Maurice  :idiot: ... and ready to retire, we may see you again.

Until that day, Good luck and best of wishes for you and Martha.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

warvet

Thanks Trev,
Your a good friend and allot of you here have been good friends to me for many years and I treasure that deeply. Ill be around for abit yet, just giving advanced notice sort of speak :) Yup itll be tough selling what I got Trev, too bad too, cause if peole would only see it from the many other angles of benefit, they could get such an incredible deal.I wish all of you that your dreams of virtual flight be fully realized.
your friend now and always
Tim

warvet

Jack no idea but can't send you PM hmmmmmm try my email tim.henry@shaw.ca talk then my friend.
Tim

Trevor Hale

Hessel Reported PM troubles today as well.  I am looking into it.. 

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

brissydave

just woke up...jumped on...and saw this.

bummer.

ah well....if any special forces pick on you for lunch money call me and ill sort it. :)

well....we will always be thinking of ya..i know you have your fingers in many pies and if ya have to go...you have to go.

www.Flightfacsimile.com
Selected Boeing 737 Cockpit Components.... From Australia!

XOrionFE

Hey, why not post some pics up for everyone to see what you have.  I know if I was building an airbus I would be all over it.  I saw your throttle quad before on the other site and it is something to behold...

I think I recall seeing your overhead but cant find now.  Anyway, post some pics for all too see.

Good luck Tim.  Sorry to hear your leaving but I somehow think you will be in the wings :-)

Scott

andarlite

Hey Tim

Sorry to see you go. Have always enjoyed your postings.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Hopefully you will change your mind one day and realized how much you really miss it and will be back in here again showing off your new cockpit build.

Regards,
Henry
Level D 767
FSX

brissydave

Most times our typing style never reflects who we are.

You might decide by his messages that a bloke who is old is actually young....just by his typing style.  I thought morry was 15... but the worlds first legendary home motorized 737 throttle proved that wrong.

Some sim guys i thought particularly funny were quite drab and stuck up in real life...left me wondering what went wrong.

I used to read tim's messages years ago..(like six or seven years) and thought.."jeez....he's a pretty hard bloke...pretty scary"

but...after speaking to him on Skype one night, i had one of the most pleasant conversations ever.

I think a lot of folks might take tim at face value and decide him too "straight to the point" or "too close to the bone".

Let me tell you...his values are some of the finest...and remember he leads a life where there is no need to be scared of offending anyone...because he can back it straight up...physically.

over the years I've seen tim say things that 1000's of forum members over the world  thought...but were too shit scared to say.

He isn't a scary freaky guy (apart from being able to kill in seconds) ...hes a nice easy guy to talk to... don't let the typing trick you.

Good on ya Tim

www.Flightfacsimile.com
Selected Boeing 737 Cockpit Components.... From Australia!

warvet

Awwwwww thanks Dave, ;D :P :o :idiot:
Those truly are some of the nicest words anyone has ever written about me on the net. I truly deeply appreciate the sentiment and yes I true enjoyed our chat immensely. I wish you all a very successful hobby of sim building and offer you my sincere respect and admiration for the levels that you all have achieved. I remember when allot of you were still asking questions about measurements and design and now have some of the most breathtakingly real simulators that makes even CAE look twice at. You deserve all the credit and people like Peter Cos and Enrico and of course the true pioneers of the hobby from which all this madness stemmmed from. But its guys like all of you that keep the dream alive. As I said ill be around for abit longer yet but I do appreciate so much the kind words.
All the best
Tim

Maurice

This is truly the end of an era but I hope the flying bug will crawl under Tim's skin again and he will come back with an Airbus 380 or xxx or space shuttle or whatever else someday. Yes Tim, I would forgive your choice for Airbus if you came back once more.

I for one was never fooled by Tim's unorthodox behaviour & language. From day one back in 100 B.C. (ok not so long ago) and in the home of the FDS forum, I knew I could harass him with impunity as I knew he was just a marshmallow with a hard shell. I know he pretends to be a tough guy, but I could whip his rear end at anytime because his soft underbelly would feel sorry for my brittle bones and he would just take the blows without retaliating.  :box:

On the other hand, I would truly love to have his company if I was walking at night in a dark alley in downtown Detroit for instance. But I digress....

One of the things that makes this hobby so enjoyable for me is the lively activity in the forums and the long distance friendships that developed. I have only met very few of the folks in this forum but there is a special bond between us which transcends distance. That bond of course is the love for aviation in all its forms.

For almost 30 years, I visited Oshkosh, Wisconsin during the annual EAA convention and what always struck me was the diversity and age differences of all the people there. From toddlers to centenarians in wheelchairs, you could tell how much aviation was loved by everyone and I know for sure that love for aviation never quite dies. It may take second place because of other responsibilities & priorities, but it never dies and I know it will never die for Tim as well.

So, I'm not at all convinced this is the end of Tim's venture into flight simulation. Someday, his other businesses may be less obtrusive and he will look up in the sky and see some beautiful aluminum or composite bird and his heart will start palpitating again.

So for now, I will miss Tim but I know that he will be lurking in the forum, maybe quietly but still very much interested in what is going on and what is happening to the many friends he made while an active member.

Good tidings to you my friend and just know there is no shame in changing your mind...you will always be welcomed back by all of us who know you. And if even if you do not build anything again, why not show up now & then and amuse us with your 'adventures' so that I can make fun of you again.

You were such an easy target and I really don't know who will be my next 'victim'. Trev is a fair target since he has taken many shots at me about my age, but Trev will never quite replace you, so if you miss the ‘abuse’ as I know you will, the ‘welcoming committee’ will be here for you.   :camp:

Now, don’t go & do something stupid like going to Iraq or Afghanistan to practice your skills. Remember, your skin is more fragile than mine.

Maurice   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Trevor Hale

Maurice..  I don't think I could have said it better myself..  Personally, I would be honored to take the place of Tim, in your target of choice.. but you and I both know that I cannot replace the witty warvet.  In any case..  What you stated is true..  All of us will be here for when Tim returns.. (especially when he has his walker fitted like you Mau, and we can all giggle while you to both argue about which brand of depends you feel is best).

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

PaulEMB

I'm a bit late in reading this thread (as usual), but I know, as well as Maurice, that Tim will remain an active lurker in these walls, and others, even though his life is currently taking him in other directions, as its does for all of us from time to time, he will stay around, and I thank him for his invitation to come here, which I also only saw yesterday - sometimes real life takes priority!

Good Luck Tim,

Paul

ps, I also liked his advice to post in white, which helps us older folks adjust the reading glasses!

Best regards,

Paul
www.erj145sim.net

Trevor Hale

LOL Paul, we all need to adjust our reading Glasses from time to time.  You all may be happy to know though, then the software update still is not available.  However as soon as it does, I will probably alter the colors a little bit for all you "OLD Fogies"  :cheers:
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate