Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 09:02:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
37 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX Aircraft Configurations

Started by Joe Lavery, December 21, 2012, 04:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hi Guys,

In the ever ending quest for more frame rates, it occurred to me that the 737 aircraft I use for my flight deck still has the VC running. So if I switch views it pops up.
Does that mean that it's stealing processing power and should I remove the VC, it's actually redundant anyway with a PM setup.   
What do the rest of you guys do?
Incidentally I'm using a Project Open Sky 737 with the sound files ripped from my PMDG NGX.
Thanks  in advance

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Out of my had, but I think that there is a line somewhere (AC CFG?) where you should have see self=0
I use posky and VC is just an outside view.
Old age..tend to forget! :laugh:

Jack

tennyson

ProSim has a modified default FSX 737 called the Jetstream.
It's made for cockpits and is super framerate friendly.

Not sure how it goes with anything other than ProSim, but can't see why it wouldn't work with any other software.

The cost is 30 euro's I believe, but they are constantly updating it, so it's the best 30 euro's you'll ever spend.

Frank Cooper

XOrionFE

Quote from: Joe Lavery on December 21, 2012, 04:53:48 PM
Hi Guys,

In the ever ending quest for more frame rates, it occurred to me that the 737 aircraft I use for my flight deck still has the VC running. So if I switch views it pops up.
Does that mean that it's stealing processing power and should I remove the VC, it's actually redundant anyway with a PM setup.   
What do the rest of you guys do?
Incidentally I'm using a Project Open Sky 737 with the sound files ripped from my PMDG NGX.
Thanks  in advance

Joe.

Hello Joe,

First...the clocks look awesome in my flightdeck...thank you again and pics soon.

To disable the VC you edit the model.cfg file and comment out or delete the line for the virtual cockpit.   Pretty easy to do.

Hope that helps.

Scott

Joe Lavery

Thanks Guys,

I'll give it a shot and see how I get on, I'm not clear on whether it makes any difference but logically it should. So there should be a performance benefit in there somewhere.

Scott, glad you like the clocks, they've been well received and traveled all over the world.
I'm working on some other bits that are not easy to come by, and simply cost too much from other vendors. I'll keep you posted.  ;)

Cheers
Joe. 
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Kennair

Joe, select from the Views menu "Cockpit - Cockpit" instead of "Cockpit - Virtual Cockpit".  Or press the "A" key which will toggle through any VC views and eventually come back to the 2D cockpit (if there is one).  These are factors of the aircraft model file as well as the "interior" section of the cfg file Scott mentioned.  If you get to the 2D cockpit and find the panel on screen, right click and close it.  This will leave you at the outside forward view.  Save the flight at that point and you should return to the same view next time.  In fact to assess the impact the VC has on your FPS toggle the "A" key between the VC and 2D to see the difference.  I don't think there is if the interior is out of view.

This can be setup in the .flt file by going to the "Window0" section (assuming you only have one window) and set it to display of 2D Cockpit using the appropriate GUID key.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate