Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:12:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
470 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 470
Total: 471

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

DZUS Fasteners from Simvionics

Started by ian@737ng.co.uk, November 16, 2009, 04:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Never had any issue with Phil ...superior products and free shipping.
Good things take time ..sometimes :D

Jack

Atomic_Sheep

But does the screw come undone all the time and needs to be retightened? The original dzus, once you screw it down, it never comes undone, but a screw I imagine is a different story? No?

Karl737

Replica Dzus with screws will be fine as long as you have a decent thread for them to go into so they can be tightened securely without stripping.

If you want to use real Dzus fasteners, you will need Dzus rails.

Karl

jackpilot

Repro Dzus also use M4 bolts that you secure with a retaining nut
http://www.ruscool.co.nz/dzus.html

Jack

Atomic_Sheep

Thanks.

EDIT: retaining nut might be a bit too finicky. You would need to pull apart half the simulator in that case! Don't think I like that idea. As for real dzus, I got a quote and it wasn't cheap. I haven't decided whether I'm going to splurge on this area of make do with fakies.

jackpilot

You do not have to make big decisions, it all depends on the way you build each component.
Real dzus rails and fasteners are the best way to go but not going that way is not the end of the world
It also depends on the kind od base you attach your panel to.
Wood structure, aluminum railing, real frames etc etc
:D

Jack

bernard S

my goodness  so much thought in here   .. if this causing you this much grief and this is one of the simpler things  you  will nevrr complete your sim ..i jest

ifeliciano

Quote from: bernard S on May 09, 2018, 06:15:38 PM
my goodness  so much thought in here   .. if this causing you this much grief and this is one of the simpler things  you  will nevrr complete your sim ..i jest

Agreed. If you have so much concern about screws backing out and having to re-tighten, get yourself some blue thread locker and put a drop on each DZUS screw before putting it in.
Personally, I don't think a reproduction DZUS fastener with an M4 screw, if tightened properly, will loosen up that easily on a static simulator cockpit.

Atomic_Sheep

Quote from: jackpilot on May 09, 2018, 04:05:20 PM
You do not have to make big decisions, it all depends on the way you build each component.
Real dzus rails and fasteners are the best way to go but not going that way is not the end of the world
It also depends on the kind od base you attach your panel to.
Wood structure, aluminum railing, real frames etc etc
:D

Yep, that's what I was trying to do, figure out how the whole thing was going to come together in the end.

Leave no stone unturned. But I agree, the expense is time. But you have to also like the final product. If everywhere you look when you fly is something that wasn't completed to your liking, sure you're flying but it won't be as enjoyable.

Quote from: ifeliciano on May 10, 2018, 06:11:57 AM

Agreed. If you have so much concern about screws backing out and having to re-tighten, get yourself some blue thread locker and put a drop on each DZUS screw before putting it in.
Personally, I don't think a reproduction DZUS fastener with an M4 screw, if tightened properly, will loosen up that easily on a static simulator cockpit.

That's another option, thanks for the suggestion.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate