Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 10:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
523 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 523
Total: 523

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

ACER U5313W

Started by jackpilot, February 07, 2014, 12:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Ultra short 0.35/1  ???

Could the projectors gurus comment on this one?
Jack

Jack

727737Nut

It's not hi-def so it will be a screen door look to it.
737 Junkie

Garys

I have similar throw benq projectors. The ultra short throw are great in that they will cover the same screen area as normal short throw projectors without any problems of shadows as they are mounted fwd of the shell frame. The picture will be exactly the same both in resolution and screen door effect when trying to cover an area equal to that of normal short throw.

Picture resolution and screen door effect gets worse the further you pull them back so if your intending on purchasing these with the intent of replacing your projector in its current position with to effectively double your picture size, you wont like the outcome, terrible actually.

Another advantage is that you don't need to have these type of projectors mounted so close together. I have a huge amount of space between each of the projectors.
The only thing I would like to see in the ultra short throw is High Def in the same pricepoint that these are now.

Gary

jackpilot

Thanks Gary
High def is still out of budget , for me at least.

I have just one proj, right now and I have no prob with the said screen door (mean I can live with it).
Are all ultra shorts the same (this one seems to have a mirror).?
The position in front of the nose is a great feature.
Just getting info as I'm not fluent with that matter.  :D
jack

Jack

Garys

Quote from: jackpilot on February 08, 2014, 06:56:18 AM
Are all ultra shorts the same (this one seems to have a mirror).?

No not all them have mirrors. Im using 3 of these Benq with 0.37 throw ratio
http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-MW870UST.htm

Gary

Sam Llorca

Interesting post, I'm also looking to replace my existing set up for a better  quality projectors, I'll keep reading this to see the final results before I decide to make the switch, any information you can share will be appreciated since I'm not too fluent on this of throw ratios. All I know is that if the outputs are DVI or  HDMI seems to work better than VGA. ... .??? Corrections accepted!!! Thanks.

Garys

Hi Sam,

As Rob mentioned earlier these projectors are not high definition so picture quality will not be the best available today. Throw ratio works like this - the  smaller the number the closer the projector can be to the screen. Average short throw these days seems to be around the 0.60 area.

The ultra short throw like the ones I have are great for smaller areas with average to low ceiling heights but if you have the room its always better to get a projector that can display higher resolutions. 

If you are looking at upgrading projectors you should definately talk to Nat.

Gary

Nat Crea

Hi Sam

Here's a nice comparison of WXGA vs 1080p HD I made during an upgrade last year,
both shots on the right were taken about 1ft from the screen:

http://www.natvis.com.au/#!hd/ccqj

Nat

(Beautiful Flight Deck Gary!)

Sam Llorca

Beautiful displays and flightdeck, I guess I need to do a bit more research on this, thank you for your input guys!!!.

Jon Boe

Hi guys,

I thought that I would mention that I installed and turned up a multi-channel system using the NV1080ST HD projectors this last week on a B747 and the results are spectacular.  The throw ratio of 0.61 is about as good as it gets at an affordable price (Projection Design is there with a better throw ratio but a $12-15K per projector price to go along with it).  It is a challenge with the longer distances required but if you accept a trapezoidal shape for the left/right views and let the warping software shape things up the results are amazing.

Jon
B737 MAX.  FDS DSDT.  205 degree U Screen, 3-projector system with P3D V4.5.  Sim-Avionics software.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate