Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
115 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Update Navdata?

Started by jr2mey, May 23, 2015, 04:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jr2mey

What are you looking for Bob?  I have used PM 737 programs for many years.
James

Bob Reed

Well I am trying to update the navdata and so far I am not having any luck. Can you shed some light on the process?

jr2mey

If I remember correctly, after downloading the NAVDATA from Project magenta or NAVIGRAPH, all you should need to do is extract the file to the Data file in your CDU/FMC..

OR are you trying to write your own?
James

Bob Reed

Not trying to write my own.... I have done just what you say but the CDU is not picking up the new data. Very puzzling....

jr2mey

And your not getting any netdir or CDU error / fail indications on your CDU?
James

Bob Reed

Correct no errors. No lights. And if I put something in the CDU (route) I get the Magenta line in the PFD. I am a little confused for sure. This used to be a pretty straight forward process.... 

jr2mey

So, to ask a silly question, what is making you believe that your NAVDATA is not up to date?
James

Bob Reed

Because I can not select the new navdata in the ident page. It is the data that came with the CDU software install.

jr2mey

::) Okay Gotcha!  When i get back from my errands, I will fire up the sim and do a NAVDATA update and see if I can duplicate the problem.
James

Bob Reed

jr2mey

Bob, I just went and did a nav data update for my CDU and I got it to show in the cdu without a problem. in your IDENT page, you are not seeing your update just below the engine LSK?

One thing to make sure of is that you have the simulator running, not paused when checking.

Also, you may need to make sure the update is also placed into your GC.
James

Bob Reed

Bob Reed

Looks like  I got it! Thanks!

jr2mey

James

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate