Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 06:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
533 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 533
Total: 533

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Surge protector

Started by Skysurfer170, December 15, 2015, 11:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skysurfer170

I'm still in my planning stage of my 737NG and you can probably see from my previous posts.

What i'm looking for is, a good power surge protector for my electronics of my build. Does anyone recommend a top notch adaptor i can plug into?

navymustang

Are you planning on using a rack cabinet or stand alone home PC cabinets? You can purchase nice racks for low cost and build your own PCs cheaper than you can purchase them at stores. I would recommend that route, and put a rack mount surge protector in the mix.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Skysurfer170

It depends after i get my cockpit shell and see what room i have at the front. Have you got any pictures of your rack?

navymustang

So sorry about such a late reply.  I didn't see the question get posted.  here is the rack on my sim.  Much has got filled in since the picture was taken.  A UPS is in the lower slot and much more audio equipment is in the upper sections.

Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

A good Backup battery pack does the trick.
It offers surge protec and instant continuity to the FS PC in case of a power failure

:2cw:

Jack

Skysurfer170

Great guys thanks alot. I'm limited with space don't think i'll have room fo that big cabinet lol

Skysurfer170

Sorry forgot to ask and its an old post, but where can i get a good UPS for my sim build in the UK?

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate