Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 05:59:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
556 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 556
Total: 556

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Almost......there!

Started by tennyson, December 21, 2015, 02:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

Well, I been almost there for some time. I have had the sim operational for a while, but was working on my overhead.

I bought the overhead a few years back, but installed brand new Simworld gauges. It took the best part of a few months to get it ready to put in the sim.

However, when I did, I had problems with the existing wiring (ground looping).
So, after it came out and went back in 3 times, I decided I better take a long hard look at the wiring. Long story short, I ripped it all out and opted to fully rewire it myself.
I replaced some switches and bought brand new annunciators from Simworld.

It's coming together nicely, just a few more weeks of wiring.......

So, after I took the overhead back out for repair, I saw it as an omen. I decided to take a gamble and upgrade all 5 of my PC's to Win 10 and P3D V3.

I feel a little embarrassed, as I have said on a few of the forums, that I wasn't going to either, but I decided that now was a good chance to do it, so I did.

I also took the time to finish off my foyer area, which need the tiles laid and grouted in and architraves painted and a few other finish off jobs. I'd also damaged my wrap around screen earlier this year, when moving the shell, so I took the time to repair that as well.

Needless to say, it been a big month for me.

The screen has been repaired and painted, Foyer area is now complete and all my PC's are running the latest software.

Here's a little vid of the work carried out in the foyer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr-84FGqGc8

I have to say, I'm very impressed with Win 10. I had some USB issues with Win 7 that I just could not fix, but Win 10 has handled them nicely.
P3D V3 is another kettle of fish, but coming along nicely, just need to get a bit more add-on scenery support for full functionality.

I've had a few test flights and so far the results are outstanding. Not to say that I'm on the home straight, but hope to be in a week or so.

I was supposed to have it flying by Xmas, but it will be new year, now. It really is a long slow process and certainly the most complex piece of electronics I've ever encountered!

Frank Cooper

RayS

I was faced with the same wiring issues and also decided to gut everything and start over, making for a much cleaner, more stable environment. I'm glad I did it.

Win10 has been good to you? I run X-Plane but my system keeps nagging me to upgrade to Win10. I've refused so far...
Ray Sotkiewicz

Sam Llorca

Good for you Frank, it has been a busy month for me too.

I'm like Ray, looking at the upgrade reminder for W10 but I refuse to do it.

I just eliminated 3 USB hook up off the main PC with the new Simbox can controller from Simworld, is running like a champ.

Take care guys,

Cheers!

tennyson

I'd be interested to see how you did that, Sam.

And bang! there you go....LM have just released P3D V3.1 and the servers are in meltdown.

I'm downloading at the moment, but will hang on updating (yes, you can just update the Client module with out a full re-install) as the objectflow.dll needs updating from ORBX.

No doubt those guys will have the update ready in a few days.

So, Santa has come early, Thanx LM!!!

Frank

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate