Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 07:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
521 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Pokeys 57U doesn't work anymore

Started by julianknaf, April 10, 2016, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julianknaf

Hello everyone,

For Christmas I got myself another Pokeys Card to interface my MIP... SO far so good, everything worked at the beginning, but now as I wanted to connect everything, suddenly all the LEDs on the card, so the green and red one don't shine anymore and it is also not shown in the device mangager, but I can see the other cards I have connected.
I've already tried other USB slots and an other cable, but it doesn't show success.. I've noticed that the card gets warm after some time, is that normal or might it be broken?

I hope that we can fix the problem together!

Best Greetings from EDDF
Julian :)

quid246

Try using the Pokeys software to flash the latest firmware... maybe something got corrupted.

julianknaf

Hey,

So I've tried to update the firmware but I can't, because the Computer doesn't notice this device... My three other Cards work just fine and are shown in the "select device" window. But the other one isn't... I've already tried another cable and other USB ports but nothing helps... Is it really the case that the card is broken so that I have to buy a new one? :(

EDIT: I've now disconnected all the cables and tried this quick reset shown in the manual by connecting Pin54 to a GND pin and then connect it but it doesn't show any activity than getting warm...
Julian

Bob Reed

This card is damaged.

Quote from: julianknaf on April 12, 2016, 11:08:03 AM
Hey,

So I've tried to update the firmware but I can't, because the Computer doesn't notice this device... My three other Cards work just fine and are shown in the "select device" window. But the other one isn't... I've already tried another cable and other USB ports but nothing helps... Is it really the case that the card is broken so that I have to buy a new one? :(

EDIT: I've now disconnected all the cables and tried this quick reset shown in the manual by connecting Pin54 to a GND pin and then connect it but it doesn't show any activity than getting warm...
Julian

quid246

I concur... something definitely dead on it.

julianknaf

Okay, so it is definitely damaged... Do you guys know how it could have happened so that I know what NOT to do... so with my next order I'll order two of them... :D

Julian

Wendy

If the green and red led is not working anymore the card is broken.
Most likely you did something wrong. A few things that I experienced from my clients as a Pokeys vendor.
Some put 5 volt on a PoKeys USB card, don't do this, not needed !!! Ethernet cards need 5 Volt but USB definitely not !!! Also some pleople connect led's directly to the pokeys card, bad idea because each port can only sink 4 mA with a maximum of 100 mA in total, easy to damage the card this way. That is why I made the led extension board. Some also connect potmeters the wrong way so that 3,3 volt comes directly on the port.

I don't know what you have connected to the card but if you think it is not your fault you could sent it back to poscope and they will investigate the problem. If it is not your fault you will receive a new one.

Regards, Wendy

julianknaf

Hey Wendy,

thank you for your answer! I think you as a vendor and maker for the extension Board are very skilled about the Pokeys so I really appreciate your answer.
I only have switches, buttons, rotarys and Potentiometers connected to the card, so the Pots might have been the problem.. So it might have happened that I've swapped a cable and connected the 3V cable to an I/O Port... Is that what you wanted to say? If yes, I will doublecheck my labellig on the single cables and swap them out if necessary... I think this could have been the fault, because I just jut new Pots for the lower MIP on the F/O side and as I connected them it just broke...

Thank you very much for your help
Julian

EDIT: So now as I'm doing the EFIS, I had to order an other Pokeys card so I ordered two of them and I'm back to the routes :D Thank you to all my helpers and I will try not to destroy any more cards 8)

Wendy

If you connect pots... one of the outer connections goes to GND, the other outer wire goes to the 3,3 volt available on the Pokeys card and the middle pin of the potmeter goes to the port.

Regards, Wendy

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate