Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 10:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
506 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 506
Total: 506

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

pimped seats

Started by bernard S, April 21, 2016, 05:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernard S

It has been a whiles since I have posted anything about my build.. so I thought I would share with you my "pimped seats" I originally purchased the full seat for the 74-4 from UAM the P1 and P2 seats had matched sheepskin but the Obs 1 and Obs2 did not match the  two pilot seats this sort of chapped me a bit over time.. So I finally caved and thus the seats became a "vanity project" before forewarned vanity has a huge price if going the aircraft route

It took two weeks to prep the seats for repainting  the brown is not Boeing brown per say but with the brown I picked I wanted something a little richer to the eye and my take on Boeing brown is really its personal preference,  thus I had it made up in "jetflex" this is two part paint almost three the paint itself a reducer and a hardner, but its sprays nice and gives a very even coat firsy time I did this three times  mainly because I brought too much paint. If you want t o use Jetflex it can be obtained from Sherwin Willams. if getting jet flex ask for the paperwork to go with the batch

The sheepskins.. There are numerous places you can purchase sheepskins from: you will need two skins per seat and bank on ablout 70-90 bucks per skin depending on where you buy it, its better to buy all the skins you need at once so that you receive a batch number for the colours this way they match..I picked mushroom in this instance

The leather is aircraft grade leather I ended up going to a FAA repair station to get mine done mainly because car or furniture places as soon as they saw or heard aircraft they ran a mile lol and all thought too complex to do...  again get the paperwork in this instance each seat has a seriel number so ask for the 8130 "PER SEAT" that's what you are paying for it should also include the new placards as well.

The headrest covers you can obtain from IPECO they are roughly 40-50 bucks each which is not too bad, what is expensive is the little rubber push rivets they only come in bags of 100 and two different sizes required I have yet to get them

My seats are electric and this is good for me because I am using the aircraft power so I do not have to manually override them

The harness are aircraft and I picked a colour called paprika but there are many colours to pick from.. if you have harnesses you can send them off for rewebbing

The hardware on the buckles etc again is painted in jetflex to match the webbing and baked overall Iam happy with them 

Garys

Sheepskins look really nice.

I believe the rivets are 4mm and 5mm. Very common size on Europeon cars and the like. Search plastic push rivets and I'm sure you will get plenty of hits with the type that has the centre push

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x-4mm-hole-Plastic-Rivet-Push-Fit-Panel-Clips-Black-White-Natural-RR004-/250976691589

bernard S

good man thanks.. fit and snip :-)

navymustang

Truly excellent !!!!
What is the sim (or device) in the background?
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

The seats look terrific!  Where did you get the sheepskins upholstered? 

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

jackpilot

Nice seats
Where is the rest of the sim?
Jack

Jack

bernard S

okay for those that want to know :-)

The green thing is the base of my sim made out of 4x4 structural steel the brown bits you see are the start of the catwalks  it measures some 18 ft wide by about 28ft long without the 2ft cattwalks sitting atop is a 747-400 the white box you see is the P180-1(DC Power Standby Panel) forward of that is the x2 frequency converters to 400hz x1 at 480 the other at 240 then fwd of that is where I am placing most of the PCB,s as you can see those with the blue masking tape have to tidied up a bits as to the sheepskins here are the POC details:

Sheepskins: Becky Harmon, 336:331:3394.  www.omnavianteriors.com   very easy to deal with and fast shipping bank on about 70-90 bucks a skin x2 skins required per seat will supply the batch numbers.

phil744

Nice work Bernard.  Now send them to me hahaha.

Your link did not work, i assume its http://www.omnaviainteriors.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

bernard S

yes thank you.. is that an HGS as your logo  me want :-)))))

fsaviator

Seats look great!

Becky Harmon was the person that got us the deal on the seat fabric too.  Great company to work with as they sold us the leftovers from the rolls to keep from charging us for a full roll.  If more of us do business with them they may just get used to it and become regular suppliers!
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

FredK

Okay .....

Need a bit of clarification....Did Omnaviainteriors just supply the sheepskins and fabric, or did they also do the seat reupolstering including new cushions?

Greensboro is just over a two hour drive from where I am at so I could easily have mine done there.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

bernard S

Hi Fred...No they just supplied the sheepskins I had the seats completed  at   www.accordaviation.com  they are located in Fort Worth POC there Is Kurt (he is the owner) really nice chap and did all he said he would if not more they have an exceptional eye for detail and you pay for it :-) They have a very quick turn around and very professional they have a young lady there that is very good at coordinating colours etc for those of us that are challenged in that department. Maybe something to get wife involved with if not going standard browns or greys   

Its not the material's that are expensive but the labour they are more complex than one would first think when I got my first quote to get all four done  I "threw my toys out of the cot"... the 2nd quote I just threw a "small hissy fit"  then caved at the pricing   I did get the original coverings back with no damage whatsoever though

I also had Kurt make a up a complete new carpet set for my sim but that's another story   

I added 1 inch of memory foam because IPECO seats are uncomfortable.
New cushions "wow" I assume aircraft grade not the green or white stuff from the home sewing shop that can get pricey namely because of the way the covering is attached its a herringbone pattern with some other funky stuff again its a time thing to make they use that pattern to stop the cover sliding on the cushions 

The extra items I added from IPECO new switch guard covers and a couple of other little items I forget what they are for the moment 
hope that answers your question

FredK

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate