Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 10:31:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
526 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Simworld Excellence

Started by tennyson, April 28, 2016, 12:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

Hi Guys.
As fellow builders and makers of sim components, it's proper that we should give thanx to those sellers who sell quality components and give great service.
We've all had those bad experiences, especially when you are spending a small fortune, on your project.

I bought a forward overhead some years ago to go in my 737-800NG that I've just recently completed. I wanted a full FDS IBL overhead, but had to settle for another brand with supplementary led strip backlighting.
I bought a full set of Simworld gauges to go in this overhead, only about 12 months ago. They were simply amazing, so well crafted and quality plus.

Then, a few months back, an FDS overhead became available from here by Scott and I bought it. I had no problem at all, selling the existing overhead, with full Simworld gauges and a Simworld annunciator kit in I, too.

The FDS overhead did not have any gauges, so I immediately ordered another set of gauges from Simworld. They arrived today and I have to say, this company just makes their products better and better.

Small significant changes to the original brilliant gauges will now adorn my new overhead. I still have to wire it up to my new FDS Sys1-XT (the new one with the new screw adaptors, which means you don't need to splice the end cables on, now).

So, congratulations to Filip and the guys from Simworld. I'll certainly be buying more gear from this company!!

mickc

Good to hear Frank,

Out of interest, what are the changes from the original gauges? 

I have had mine for over a year now, but have been slowly replacing them with OEM gauges as they become available.

tennyson

All gauges now come with a protective plastic layer that you can take off, once the overhead is in your sim. Great idea, as it prevents any stray bumps or knocks to the Perspex, during the building process.

They've also added little cases for the back of all the instruments. Another great idea to protect the gauge.

The cabling is all measured out now and comes ready to install. I had to install and cut mine to fit.

Just minor differences, but great forethought for the building process.

They all just fitted superbly in the FDS panels, too.

Frank

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate