Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 08:41:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
504 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FDS Sys1-XT Interface card

Started by tennyson, May 05, 2016, 04:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

I bought one of the new XT cards from FDS for my new overhead, recently.

It's another fine piece of electronic craftsmanship from a great Company, Flight Deck Solutions. Peter Cos was great to deal with, as usual and gave me superb service.

I was interested to see if the new screw type connectors really saved time and work, proving that it wasn't just a gimmicky update.

Well, I'm happy to say that it has been brilliant. The screw type terminals are a breeze to use and Tekworx even supplied a small screw driver, made to fit the screw receptacle perfectly.

I was never a fan of the spliced fittings for the older boards, it was just a lot of work and so messy. They also looked less than professional, in my eyes.
The screw terminal is superior to those cable fittings, for sure.

It's really nice to see that some Company's are developing and growing, as is our hobby and the subsequent business that we throw their way.

Good job, FDS!

Frank

jackpilot

I managed to make it not too messy with the old system but, knowing what splicing zillion connections can take, this new model will be a tremendous time saver for sure.

Jack

tennyson

Jack, I used your pic here, when I built my FDS MIP and tried to be somewhat similar in my approach.

It turned out OK, but nowhere near as neat as yours, great work!

Frank

jackpilot

:D   pretty sure you did fine!

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate