Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 09:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
538 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 538
Total: 538

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Pokeys Card - Connect Encoders?

Started by julianknaf, May 15, 2016, 05:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julianknaf

Hello everyone,

i've recently bought two EFIS kits in order to build them and connect to a Pokeys 57U Card. I've just soldered all the buttons to the board and now I'm having struggle with connecting the encoders.
They are Push-button-Encoders, The button was fairly easy, just connect on pin to GND and the other one to one of the Pins on the Pokeys Card.
But how do I connect the "Turning function" to the Card? I figured out that the middle pin goes to the GND as well and the two outer ones are the A/B pin. But where does it go to the card and how do I configure that in prosim?

Thank you
Julian

RayS

Looks like you first have to configure the associated pins first...

(This actually looks like a lot of fun!)
https://www.poscope.com/PoBlocks
Ray Sotkiewicz

julianknaf

Hey,

yeah I'vealready hat that software on my PC, but I don'tknow what to do with it... I can drag encoders in and tell it what Ports I'm using (in my case, Pins A: 2, 4 ; Pins B: 1, 3) and then I don't know how to go on... Can somebody help me with that? I also found out that I'm able to configure the encoder through the normal Pokeys software, but that doesn't do anything eiter..

Julian

EDIT: Now I've found out that configuring through the Pokeys Software (Not PoBlocks) I can choose Peripherals -> Encoder RAW values and then they work just as I want them to, but I can't configure them to Prosim.. I think I'm to dumb for that... :D
I hope anybody can help me with that.

RayS

I'm not familiar with Prosim but I can imagine that it probably takes Keyboard inputs And/Or joystick inputs.

I'm also not sure about Pokey capability, but I would imagine the same thing... Outputs might be configurable to generate keyboard events, or joystick events.

Somewhere in the middle of all that, things should work. :-)

I've been tempted to get one of those Pokey cards, just to play around with it...
Ray Sotkiewicz

julianknaf

Okay, so I was really to dumb for that.. It's sooo easy if you know how to do it...:D So I always tried to configure it in the wrong field, I just have to use the shortest form, e.g. EFIS 1 baro, just saw it on this site :
http://737sim.dk/prosim.html -> under the header encoder you can see how it's done... The dorp-down menu which says Encoder (1x) etc.

So easy, but thank you!

Julian

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate