Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 03:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
515 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Request for help with OEM 737 CDU

Started by paulnd, August 12, 2016, 11:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulnd

Hello,

Hopefully Geremy will ship my CDU on Monday  ;)

In the meantime I'm preparing for converting it for my Prosim cockpit and will be grateful for any information or advice please, particularly any technical or wiring diagrams.

I assume that the buttons are in a matrix which I plan to connect to an Arduino Leonardo which can emulate a keyboard and has enough pins. Does anyone have a matrix map which will save me mapping buttons manually?

I'll be very grateful for any information.

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ridgenj

HI Paul, I have also one that.needs to be converted. I believe the first step will be to find the right LCD size.
PS One screens seems to work but apparently doesn't cover all,.similar gap to be seen with Adafruit screens
Look for old post here, a lot of information available but no one has provided a How to guide

Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

paulnd

Thanks Luis, I did try a search but seemed to only get a lot of CDUs for sale or requests to buy one, I'll try to search again. PY

jackpilot

Jack

Ridgenj

Jack, do you have a lead for the LCD's.
@Paul, it is not easy to find, trying to remember who initiated the thread.
We need to wait a few days and we will get some advice.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

jackpilot

Check on EBay, Chinese should have that
JP

Jack

Ridgenj

Thanks Jack

I think Trevor has done a conversion a few years ago.

Cheers
Luis

bernard S

Easiest  solution simstack...by the way there is notv100% fitment for lcd or tft out of China..failing that you have to get lcd cut in US for perfect fit then you will need the glass plate and controller etc etc not as simple as you would first think although OEM parts are cool they do come at a pain point ..now let's take this to the extreme you want OEM MCDU working with your sim ..yes it's Sexy but now you need a deck with wires in place plus the FMC etc now you need ac dc power supplies and 400hz a WDM and. CMM don't forget the ADU so you can update the thing .. but kudos to you for giving it a crack it's a very interesting project

shaneb

Hi Paul,

I converted a Universal UNS-1 CDU awhile back. Here is a link showing some of the steps involved. It may give you some ideas on converting the CDU.   Me and a friend of mine designed a circuit board to interface the real CDU to a Hagstrom keyboard encoder board. We also designed a simple "backer panel" that attached to the back of the CDU faceplate that allowed us to mount the LCD screen and the circuit board to the backer panel.  I will check with a friend of mine to see if he may have a pin out of the OEM CDU.

http://www.hangar45.net/index.php?option=com_agora&task=topic&id=1505&Itemid=77

Shane
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

Jack

shaneb

Thanks Jack ...I'm still lurking around lol   :D
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate