Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 09:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
530 Guests, 2 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 530
Total: 532

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Laser Alignment tool for Immersive Display Pro on multiple PCs

Started by navymustang, August 20, 2016, 02:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

For those who are driving three projectors with three PCs, the FlyElise Immersive Display Pro software can be cumbersome to get all three PCs aligned.

In the past I have used a laser level on a tripod, but that proved awkward. Here is my new design, I hope others will chip in on how they do it. The goal was to have a small footprint base that could be moved around the front and sides of the sim along with a 7 foot vertical travel for the laser head. The laser is the Bosch unit sold at Home Depot and others. Make sure you purchase the self-leveling unit. The tube is 1 1/2 PVC mounted on a wood base attached to small concrete blocks.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Ridgenj

Jim, nice design and thank you for sharing. Are you using 2 video cameras?
Cheers
Luis

brianwilliamson

What a great idea. I wish I had seen that before I did my level, with the same Bosch as yours, but I struggled with the tripod on tables etc., and even had to make a short board for the lowest level.

Great work......................Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

Marco ERJ

Great approach, Jim. Thanks for sharing!
What are you using for your screen? Did you build it yourself?
Marco

navymustang

The is the screen system from Northern FlightSim here in Florida.

I am doing the no camera alignment process.

Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate