Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 11:10:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
526 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Projector woes

Started by tennyson, September 02, 2016, 02:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if anybody has been having any projector problems with the latest drivers fron NVIDIA.
I replaced the GTX 980's with GTX 1080's a while back and that's when this all started.

I went over to Windows 10, without much trouble. I have a fully functioning cockpit with win 10, but my projectors seemed to be running at 1080i, instead of their native 1080p.

I tried a bunch of things, replacing cables to high speed Version 2.0 and that had no effect.

I then tried rolling back to earlier NVIDIA drivers and no luck, so I removed the NVIDIA drivers all together and it worked fine.
I know you need to run NVIDIA drivers, so I then re-installed the new 372.70 NVIDIA driver and back to square one.

I'm not sure if I have a problem with hardware (projectors) or if the drivers are not compatible with my projectors, but thought it might be worth asking here, as I know there are a lot of you guys running similar systems.

Has anybody noticed anything strange with the visuals?

Thanx for any help,

Frank

FredK

What projectors are you using?
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

tennyson

My original Sisy 3LCD Short throw high def projectors.

I noticed a while back that I could only get 1080i on one of the projectors, but now it's on all of them.

I hooked up my X-Box to each of the projectors and it worked flawlessly at 1080p.
I'm thinking it's a driver issue, as I rolled back the driver to an earlier one and still had problems, so I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers all together and it worked fine.

I'm a little perplexed.....

Frank

blueskydriver

Hi Frank,

Did you uninstall the orignal video driver for the motherboard, assuming it has an onboard video connection? If it does, uninstall all video drivers, including Nvidia ones, and then see what Windows 10 is doing for the driver.

It sounds like Windows 10 is detecting and referencing a Windows 10 OS default video driver, and it is seeing the video cards, applying that driver, even though you had the Nvidia ones installed. In other words, your default driver is conflicting with Nvidia drivers and causing the problem.

Also, what are the bios settings set at for which card comes on first, and is there any other cards in use besides the GTX 1080's? If so, make sure there are no drivers in use from any other cards, as well as make sure you are really removed all the old and new Nvidia drivers.

As for the projectors working correctly with the Xbox, the Xbox does not use Nvidia drivers, so there will be no conflicts from any drivers whatsoever. Your projectors are fine...

Lastly, what did you do with the GTX 980's? Are you reusing them somewhere else or selling them or what?

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

tennyson

Hi John,
Thanx for the help, mate.

I always clear out the old NVIDIA drivers from the folder, every time I install new ones, so no conflict there.

I'm only running the 1080, no other video cards. I've a clean install of Windows 10, so everything is fresh as a daisy.

When I install the Nvidia drivers I always do a clean install as well.

I'm running a 2011 Asus Rog mobo and I updated my Bios just a little while back, so not likely that's in play, either.

The PC is running perfectly, all my avionics are fine, P3D is running like a rocket, but just this 1080i thing has reared it's ugly head.

As far as the GTX 980's go, John, they were snapped up quick smart, didn't need to advertise them....haha

I have been talking about buying some newer Optoma GT 1080's and after seeing Brian Williamson and Richard Jellyman's projector's I think it's time I made the change.

My current projectors really haven't done a lot of work, so I'm hoping that I may be able to recoup some money from them. I've also got spare bulbs and a full set of 3 x 10metre HDMI cables to go with them.

Just gotta get the trade done for the new ones from Amazon when the Ozzie dollar is OK against the greenback...

Frank

xplane3

Apologies if you know this already . I use this utility to remove all traces of previous drivers:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate