Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 02:57:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
260 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 509
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 260
Total: 260

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 OEM Panels

Started by kurt-olsson, October 07, 2016, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Removing the dzus is a must if you want to refinish the panel correctly.
You get a flat surface for sanding and painting and you also may redo the dzus itself for a neat reinstall. (see my flight recorder panels picture above)

Jack

Joe Lavery

Thanks Jack/Willow excellent information as usual... :) :)

The panel inteslf is quite clean, although it's a black set I bought. I would be quite happy to paint them but I wouldn't want to try and engrave or refil the engraving with white paint. Not to mention after filling it with spray paint beforehand. How do you huts approach this problem?

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

A tiny strip of masking tape on the inscriptions.
Often done on real airplanes.
When you remove it you get this (on Off of the toggles)
(Click to enlarge)

Or this from a 747 Tan panel

Jack

Joe Lavery

Thanks again Jack, very neat solution, in fact it may look rather good considering that the panels are black.

By the way I meant to say Guys in the last post, not sure where huts came from  :-[

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

kurt-olsson

Quote from: 737NGer on June 15, 2017, 10:55:31 AM
Quote from: kurt-olsson on October 07, 2016, 10:56:51 AM
Updated 2017-04-18

I am looking for these panels:

Window heat panel
Apu panel

NG or CL is the first question?

How much are you willing to spend on a single panel?

And finally...what "degree of functionality" are you looking for i.e. Functional logic boards? Or do you scrap everything inside and just use the front assembly (lightplate, Korrys and switches) only?

Hi!

The important thing is that the backlight and switches and korrys are working. Does not have to be in mint condition. I Gut everything out and create my own BOB that i connect in the back of the panel.

I think 250$ / panel is fair price if good condition.

jackpilot

Backlight, korrys and switches work 99% of the time, because they are virtually indestructible with aerospace standard.
IMHO there is no "fair" value as the parts available have NO commercial value and  good, at best, for recycling. Most yellow tags date back 10 -20 years and cannot be considered serviceable, hence no value.
As often said, the only value is what a crazy builder is ready to pay for.  (me included ..lol)

My2¢

Jack

737NGer

$250 for NG...not impossible but hard to get any 'big' panels for. $500 should be you target price for the big panels.

But if parts are bought in batches the price tag might go down to around that price.

I'll keep an eye out for unserviceable parts.

kurt-olsson

Finally got the apu gen panel, thanks to a tip from the forum.

jackpilot

[ebay]263097128019[/ebay]

Jack

kurt-olsson

Thanks Jack, allteady have that one but man... that price... grab it!!!

fordgt40

Sorry, but that is way overpriced from a vendor who is notorious for it.

jackpilot

They tend to have more affordable  offerings ($) though since a while
At least their parts are clean most of the time.

Jack

kurt-olsson

Some panels are expensive and some dont. Just bought the apu/gen panel from them for 200$, looks to be in awesome shape.

mickc

I consider this guy to be the current king of ridiculous Ebay prices at the moment  :o

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=thejetsim&_sop=16

bernard S

same seller with different hat   

Joe Lavery

Let's hope there's no one in this community who pays the price, or perhaps we all should make him equallly ridiculouse offers.
I think I'll bid him $5 for his $315 pilot's phone, that's all it's worth.... ;D ;D

:2cw:

737NGer

Quote from: Joe Lavery on July 23, 2017, 06:59:14 AM
Let's hope there's no one in this community who pays the price, or perhaps we all should make him equallly ridiculouse offers.
I think I'll bid him $5 for his $315 pilot's phone, that's all it's worth.... ;D ;D

:2cw:

$315...what is it the new iPhone 8?

This seller is quite new to the market, he came up just a few months ago - maybe hes just pushing his luck to see what's the biggest buck he could make out of each panel. Pricing is "Okay" for SV parts, but way out of range in regards to the retired parts market.

bernard S

okay i will bite ????  who owns the parts him or UAM if you going to sell items   take the ipeco seats as an example ... dont photograph them next to UAMs display 747   otherwise people like myself call foul   

Garys

When looking more closely at  the old UAM display cockpit interior you will notice that they are parting it out. That is where most of the 747 parts are coming from. In the latest pics of the MIP you can see it the background in one of the shots and its basically been taken back to the shell.

I believe the Jetsim is a partnership between Tom Anderson who was a member here and an Australian builder Joe. Obviously Tom still has close ties to UAM which is why they are able to obtain all these parts, but is now more of a middle man which is why we are still seeing the parts located in tupelo yet the prices being much higher for items than what we were able to buy them from him when dealing directly at UAM in the past. (Much the same as Jim Doyle of Desert Air Spares)

This is only my observation. I have no insider information so can be far from what the reality of the business relationship is. I did see that they sold recently a Airbus cockpit shell for $150 while others are wanting thousands for the same thing so its very hit and miss, but I have found them to be responsive to offers.

This post wasnt directed directly at you Bernard but more of a summary of how I see them.

Cheers
Gary

Goodenough

I have purchased items on Ebay from the JETSIM. Like anything if you submit a fair price they will either accept it or decline offer. I know Tom is no longer there and has moved on. UAM is a good seller of OEM parts and I recommend them if you're looking to add parts for your sim.

bernard S

now that makes sence
.thanks

kurt-olsson

When you bought stuff from universalassetsmanagement, where they quick to ship?
I bought it friday but the seller has not shipped it yet. Most ship rightaway...

Garys

My last purchase took a few days for them to ship.

kurt-olsson

Thanks Gary, good to know.

B747-400

Hi Kurt,

same here! They need a few days because of crating parts, paperworks for custom duty etc.
No problems with UAM!

Cheers
Hans

PS: Gothenburg is a great city - have been there some years ago  8)
Hans G. Schuetz
http://B747-400.net

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate