Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 11:00:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
566 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 589
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 566
Total: 566

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

F/A-18C build

Started by Chain, February 15, 2017, 02:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chain

Hello everyone!

I am currently building third iteration of my F/A-18C simpit. You can see videos of my current status on the latest panels and parts at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2x5zyNchq87PrSHG1XJ41A

I will be soon adding more videos and tutorials to the channel. I will also add status reports here.

blueskydriver

Hey Aki,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders! Looks like you've jumped into sim a good while ago...hint Commodore 64...would you believe I still have my original, working Commodore 128 from 1987 and I have fighter jet programs for it as well?

Anyway, post some pics of your sim and do share how you're interfacing items. I checked your YouTube link and I see some great info there. And, if you have any questions, post them as the members are the best group to get answers from.

Again, welcome to the CB...

Best Regards,

John

Ps what type of RC are you flying? I have more RC planes than I can count...lol!
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Chain

Thanks blueskydriver.

I also have my good old C64!

About interfacing. I will be using Leo Bodnar USB input cards. I use phidgetled 64 for indicators. I'm waiting for DCS: F/A-18C.

I have made all of the panel backplates and some of the illuminated panels (the parts with text) myself. Some of the panels were CAD drawn by me and cut/engraved by my friend when he was working in a laser engraving company. Some panels are designed by me and ordered from frontpanelexpress. About 30% of the illuminated panels were made by Mike from viperpits.org, some illuminated panels I bought from online F-18 replica part store. Switches are from Farnell and Digikeys.

Some of the knobs I found in local surplus store and others are resin or aluminium cast.

About RC planes: I have had a lot of planes but now I only have smaller electric ww2 planes and few drones. I do have few gas/glow planes left. A P-51D and few trainers.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate