Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 11:35:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
565 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 589
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 565
Total: 565

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New AFT OVH

Started by jackpilot, March 21, 2017, 06:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

At Trev request here are some pics of the work in progress.
Exit FS9 welcome P3D
Exit 5 PCs with W-XP welcome 2 steroids PCs W-7
So, back to the bench and wiring connectors like mad.
ACP, IRS, EVAC,Flight recorder, pushbuttons, Timer, OXY gauge are real parts

Jack

Trevor Hale

Thanks Jack,

Need to see MORE MORE MORE LOL... Where is the new MCP? LOL

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Jack

jackpilot

Nearing completion of this major Overhaul..
OVH pedestal and TQ back inside and ready to fire.

Interior lighting has been updated also

Full Dome ( dimable from the OVH) and MIP (also dimable from Mip)

Dome off, MIP lighting max intensity

Pedestal reinstalled

Backwall Wemac lighting

Maintenance Lighting inside the front end when needed.

Jack

Garys

Looks fantastic Jack. Outstanding!

Gary

jackpilot

Jack

fsaviator

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Joe Lavery

Looks fab Jack, I wish mine looked half as good.  :idiot:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

MLeavy737

Thats quite a sim Jack!!!  Haven't seen it in a while, looks great!!

~Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

jackpilot

You have contributed to the backwall breakers...remember? 

PS: Mike made a hand drawing of all the panels with amps value for each breaker (hundreds of them) !!!

Jack

Flying_Fox

Quote from: jackpilot on April 25, 2017, 04:04:33 AM
PS: Mike made a hand drawing of all the panels with amps value for each breaker (hundreds of them) !!!

May I get a copy?  :idiot:

jackpilot

Not sure I still have it
Wil check that.
Jack

Jack

jackpilot

Jack

Flying_Fox

Thanks Jack!  :D
(and Mike ;) )

MLeavy737

OMG jack!! That's so awesome to see.  Brings back memories lol.  I'm just really happy it was used for a good cause and helps others!! Thanks for hanging on to it!!

~MIkeL
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

captdini

Looks stunning Jack, Congratulations. I am in the process of ordering my Panels(Simworld) and Controls and Liners(Fly BY Cockpits). I will be getting the AFT OVHD next year from Simworld. I plan to add some lights in the liners to mimic the Dome Light. Ultimately, I would like the DOME switch to be functional on the OVHD, where the light can be turned on and off with the OVHD switch. Any suggestions and ideas how to go about it? I plan to buy and use ProSim for the pit.

Regards,

Dinshaw.

jackpilot

Thank you
Well, unless you want to use a sophisticated relay system with the software, just  wire the overhead switch to led lighting 12v. Using a double throw switch can allow you to light up one set of lights with one throw and another one with the other throw, Same for the MIP
Jack

Jack

captdini

Thanks Jack, that sounds like a good idea. Will give it a thought and figure it out. Thanks a ton!

Regards,

Dinshaw.

Joe Lavery

Jack, what sort of light are you using for the dome light? I mean shape, location etc. You seem to get a nice wide spread with it.
The images look great by the way. :)

I've just started on the long process of reinstalling my MIP after moving house, but I'm using the opportunity to update everything from the throttle, yokes and pedals to the external views.
Sadly I still don't have room for a set of projectors so I've bought three 40", 4K TV's, which is about as big as I can go. I've only powered up one of them at the moment but the quality is amazing, I'm not intending to use the full 4K, but I thought perhaps for the future. In any event they will b e better than the 3 x 19" monitors I had, which I have to say served me well.
The new TV's have a 5mm bezel which was why I bought them, my old monitors had 25mm bezels but as you know they soon disappear when you're flying. So the new ones will be a big improvement.  ;D

Joe
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

blueskydriver

Just had a great idea! Based on Jack's nice lighting and Joe's question. Someone, needs to get the glass dome light covers and make vacuum formed white plastic replicas, then making the light fixture would be a 12 volt bulb holder, using an automotive bulb that is led type because it will be cool temp and not melt the plastic dome.

Anyone into vac forming? I have the glass domes already, but I can send you one to copy, just make me a few free replicas, and then sell to other builders at a good price...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Basically the "dome" light is a Led strip (high intensity white) which is set alongside the door opening upper part. I had before that a 12V Neon tube and I used the casing of that tube to put the LED strip in. It is dimed by a dimmer switch in the overhead. The other position of the switch commands the Wemacs  which light up the CB panels'

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate