Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 03:27:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Panning and hat switch

Started by emstar, May 08, 2017, 01:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emstar

Hi folks.

I've built a single seat 737 sim using FDS, CP Flight and ProSim. I recently upgraded my yoke from the Saitek to the Agronn 737 yoke (which is absolutely unbelievable and has completely changed my sim experience.). Problem is, no more hatswitch and therefore, no more panning. I use a three screen setup, a big "windshield" and two smaller side "windows" but I still need to see behind me for pushback etc. what do people do?  I want to buy a stand alone hat switch but I can't find one anywhere. At last not one that doesn't need wiring. Though I've build the sim, everything is connected to a card that uses a prebuilt driver or software.  I don't know how to build a hatswitch, wire into USB connection and program a driver as well. That's beyond me. Any ideas?

jackpilot

You cannot look behind in an airliner, the best you can see back are your wings !
This being said, just buy a cheap joystick with a hat switch ($20 on EBay) and assign your views as you wish.. That should do.  :D

Jack

bernard S

emstar

Whoa!! Yes EXACTLY that!!!  Where did you get that? Who makes it? Or is that a custom module you've outdone yourself with?

emstar

Yes I know I can't look behind me. I meant looking backwards to the side. Like sticking your neck out to the left to see a little behind... a better side view since I don't have a 60 degree wrap around. Still want to be able "look around"

emstar

Oh wait. That's a pushback module. Still very cool but I need a hat switch for view panning

bernard S

the idea was to show you the rotary to link your views in ????

mariodantas

Quote from: bernard S on May 10, 2017, 03:21:17 AM
the idea was to show you the rotary to link your views in ????

what a good idea to create a panel with 2 units 8 pos rotaries to horizontal / vertical views and also a pushbutton to reset the cockpit view.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate