Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:41:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
574 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 574
Total: 574

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

TQ - Trim wheel dismounting help

Started by srisim, June 18, 2017, 02:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srisim

I have started on converting my real 727 throttle for 737  sim, and hit the first hurdle while trying to remove trim wheels from the unit.

Iain's this page talks about the need for a special tool to remove the trim wheel nut. I am wondering anyone has a different idea/technique to share or everyone with real TQ has one of these?

I thought I could use a flat screw driver and apply the blade to one of the two indentations in the nut, and turn the wheel (or screw driver) to loosen the nut, as Iain suggested on his page. But the outer trim wheel is freely rotating over the nut on both sides and the nut + inner rod with screws are holding up tightly as one unit. I am wondering is this normal or I have bad problem? Since Nut is typically tightened over the rod, I am expecting outer trim wheel to not rotate freely over the nut, but nut and wheel to hold tight as one. Since outer wheel is freely rotating, there is no grip on either side to hold the screw tight for removing the nut.

see attached pic..

Appreciate help.

Gallie

Ian i right, his tool would be best to use.

first apply some WD40 on the nuts.
Allon wrench on one side of the rod, and hitting a screw driver against the nut on the other side with a small hammer... (2 person job)
this did the trick with mine as i recall...

FredK

I fashioned a home-made tool out of a metal bar that fit into the notches of the ring.  I still had some difficulty getting it to budge.  I alternated between trying to use that and banging with the screw driver and hammer approach.

However the design of the 727 ring looks to be a bit different from the 737 though.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

srisim

Thanks Mike and Fred. Appreciate.

I will have another go at it this weekend.

jackpilot

Jack

srisim

Thanks All!

Slowly hitting on the nut with flat screw driver and hammer, while holding the screw tight with allen wrench on the other side did the trick.

One down, on to the next challenge..  :)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate