Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 11:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
568 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 589
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 568
Total: 568

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

TQ - Interface Cards recommendations

Started by srisim, June 29, 2017, 02:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srisim

I am Looking for information on what Interface Cards are you using/recommend for controlling TQ Motors (DC/Servos) and other analog inputs for my 727/737 TQ conversion project.

I am somewhat familiar with OpenCockpits IOCards from a decade ago thus instinctively leaning towards this DCMotor Plus Card from them. It looks interesting since it handles all types (DC, Servo, Pots etc.,) of IO needed for TQ. From my research, I believe some of you (FredK?) are using it. What do you think? Is it a good choice or is OC is out dated and you recommend something else?

thanks
srini

P.S. : I intend to publish each and every part that I purchase for this project along with the store, price details etc., as a neatly compiled list. I know how badly I wish someone has done this already before me. So, I will do it for the next newbie that comes after me looking for the same info. So, here is the rough draft 

FredK

The OC DC Motor Plus Card has been working fine here for over three years now!

It is an all-in-one solution for a TQ interface.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

srisim

Thanks Fred. I heard you mention that card on your YouTube TQ video. Glad to hear it is working reliably for you.

Did you write SIOC code or available somewhere on the net?

Waiting for other recommendations to come in..

mickc

Another approach is to use the Pololu JRK controllers, especially if you are using Prosim.
No coding to do or 3rd party software to use, they have native support in Prosim and super simple to calibrate.

Lots more tweakability for fine tuning the motor operation too.   Also they are tiny in size compared to other options

paulnd

Quote from: mickc on June 29, 2017, 07:58:32 AM
Another approach is to use the Pololu JRK controllers, especially if you are using Prosim.

I absolutely agree, I just couldn't get the OC DC Motor Plus Card to work correctly but had no problems with Pololu JRK

srisim

Thanks Mick and Paul.

Unfortunately I am not using ProSim.  Do you both use ProSim?  I have to work with Project Magenta / FSUIPC.  How to start in that case? Do I have to write my own .Net code to work with these cards?

paulnd

I also use Prosim which supports Pololu JRK controllers directly. I strongly recommend using Prosim if you're thinking of building a 737 home cockpit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

FredK

QuoteThanks Fred. I heard you mention that card on your YouTube TQ video. Glad to hear it is working reliably for you.

Did you write SIOC code or available somewhere on the net?

Waiting for other recommendations to come in..

I am using a custom SIOC script that I wrote.  It pretty much follows the same logic as most others, but with some modifications.  I am using Sim-Avionics.  I can provide you the script.....it would be easily adaptable for PM but some modifications would be required.  PM your email.

SIOC appears daunting at first and the instruction manual leaves a lot to be desired, but once you get the hang of it it becomes intuitive.  It is a very powerful event-based software.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate