Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:44:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
244 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 286
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 244
Total: 244

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

WorldFlight 2017 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by Trevor Hale, August 25, 2017, 07:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

All CREW,

As some of you may or may not be aware, our gracious host for Worldflight (Sam Llorca) has moved to a new home and so has the simulator.  With the new construction soon to be underway there has been some unforeseen construction delays. (Here lies the Caveat.)

First of all I would like to Announce that the Worldflight Team USA organizing group has been meeting and trying to navigate a way around this situation.  Unfortunately do to no fault of our own we have had to make a very difficult decision to scale back / down the event for 2017, which I will explain in more detail below.

We all were hoping to make this 5th annual Worldflight event the biggest we have seen to date, and this is why this decision has been so hard for all of us to make.  We (as a group) are very concerned that If we can't or are unable to run WF2017, we may loose members/friends of our amazing crew. A Crew that we have worked hard over the past 5 years to create, and an amazing event that our crew wants and needs to return to every year. 

Not only a CREW but a "FAMILY" that we count on year after year and it has become something to look forward too each and every year for all of us.

Unfortunately I (we) are aware that we may loose some of our participants, this is unfortunate but looking on the bright side maybe our loss will be another teams gain.  Rest assured this situation should be resolved in time for 2018, which is when we "OFFICIALLY" will recognize our 5th Year!, but as things stand right now we will just not be able to accommodate our worldflight family for 2017.

THE PLAN:
Worldflight 2017 (CB Team USA) Will Proceed but with some unfortunate and grave concessions.  As things stand currently the simulator is disassembled and in storage. The plan is to have a couple of us arrive the day before the event and attempt to reassemble the simulator in a very temporary manor.  It is our goal that we will be finished in time for the start of worldflight, however considering the magnitude of this proposition we may not be able to make any comment to our actual start date and time.  With the very limited space we have available, we are only going to run with 4 crew members this year. We just don't have the space nor do we have the facilities that would be able to accommodate any of our amazing crew. Due to this lack of space and crew we will likely also only be able to fill the daytime flight schedules. While we are flying we will also likely have some technical difficulties with audio and video feeds, but will do our best to deal with those issues as they arise.     

First and foremost I would like to thank Sam, for everything that he has done to try to make this year happen. I would also like to thank him for all the hospitality from the previous years.  I know he is saddened by this decision, all I can say is keep your chin up, we can't always control what happens around us as much as we would like.

Secondly, I would like to thank ALL THE CREW! We have had the privilege of flying with you all thus far, and although I hope each and everyone of you will return for 2018, I will completely understand if you move on to other teams.

Thirdly, I do not expect we will come close or even break our donation goal from last year without all of our crew helping us out,  however if you still would like to support the Charity (All Childrens Hospital), we will welcome your donations and that part of the website will be up and running by the end of September.

If you have any questions, Comments, or words of encouragement for us, please let us know below.

I am so sorry this decision had to be made, but better now then a week before the event.

Sincerely,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

bernard S

Bob Reed

Quote from: bernard S on August 25, 2017, 03:05:19 PM
what dates ?    trev    pm   me

It always starts the first weekend in November.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate