Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:28:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
474 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 474
Total: 474

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Pressurization Panel 737

Started by Steenos, February 22, 2018, 08:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steenos

What have you guys done with the Pressurization panels on the 737NG overhead panel? Did you use 7 segment displays? I really want the amber text if I can get it. But this seems like it will be a big learning curve for me. I'm flying Xplane 11 with the zibo mod 737.

mickc

7 Segment is pretty much the only way to go unless you get custom LCDs made up, but they are very expensive if you aren't ordering hundreds at a time!

You can get good results with Kingbright .36" amber 7 segment displays.

This is a test video of mine, the brightness is way too high in this, it will be much lower when installed and the dimming will follow the brt/dim switch on the MIP.
Its just a test for the multiplexing and display characters.  This will also display the dashed line when the press. controller is unpowered or inop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z727oIHDbwk

Also there will be a couple of thin color filters installed to enhance the amber color and make the area around the segments a dark copper color like the real LCDs

727737Nut

What are the measurements of the opening?  I have a possible cheap solution.  Sorry, my idea is for the Meters/power panel

737 Junkie

kurt-olsson

Damn mickc...
Everything you touch looks so pro!

I will get those displays myself!

ifeliciano

Quote from: kurt-olsson on February 22, 2018, 10:14:03 PM
Damn mickc...
Everything you touch looks so pro!

I will get those displays myself!

Thats what you get when you buy the best.  ;)

Steenos

Has anyone used this or is this possible?

http://www.flightsimparts.eu/shop_microdriver7segment.htm

Can i mix that with my arduinos? I'm just trying to find a solution.

mickc

Quote from: Steenos on March 02, 2018, 12:31:19 PM
Has anyone used this or is this possible?

http://www.flightsimparts.eu/shop_microdriver7segment.htm

Can i mix that with my arduinos? I'm just trying to find a solution.

Those displays are the ones I am using above, but I'm not using the microdriver, they are driven by MAX7219 driver chips from Simduino (Arduino)

Steenos

Awesome Mic! Thank you. So I just need to get the two displays, then a max7219 and i can hook the max 7219 up to the arduino? Do you have any kind of tutorial I can follow to do this?

mickc

You will need MAX7219 chips as they only handle 8 digits each, plus a few filtering capacitors etc, for the supporting circuitry.

No tutorial to speak of, mine is just on prototype board as proof of concept at the moment. Still have to make the PCB & fine tune the code.

Steenos

Some Progress has been made on this panel. I was in London for the last week so I hadn't worked on the sim in a while. I bought a pokey 57U from Wendy and just got it connected to the PC.

The software recognizes the pokey and the screens are lit up so I've done something right! I've never used pokey's before. I'm trying to use this to display the flt and land altitudes. But I've never used this software before and don't know how to get it to talk with xplane 11.

Anyone with experience?

jackpilot

Based on the picture...
Your Scotch Glass is empty
..This might explain that... :D

Jack

ifeliciano

Quote from: Steenos on May 08, 2018, 04:17:57 PM
Some Progress has been made on this panel. I was in London for the last week so I hadn't worked on the sim in a while. I bought a pokey 57U from Wendy and just got it connected to the PC.

The software recognizes the pokey and the screens are lit up so I've done something right! I've never used pokey's before. I'm trying to use this to display the flt and land altitudes. But I've never used this software before and don't know how to get it to talk with xplane 11.

Anyone with experience?

Im a Prosim user so i have support out-of-the-box. There's a bit of reading to do. Wendy's site says its supported in Xplane via plug in. If you go to the Pokeys parent site poscope.com, under pokeys 57 there is a link that takes you to a discussion regarding the plugin and pokeys.

Support for X-Plane flight simulator

See more here: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=62459

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate