Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:23:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
453 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 453
Total: 453

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Looking for 737 plans

Started by rjornd, March 07, 2018, 08:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjornd

Not sure if this is applicable here or if this should be asked in the Measurements section, but I'm beginning my cockpit building journey with the shell. It seems logical, right?

Since I plan on using the PMDG 737NG for the flight dynamics, I'd like to model that variant.

Where can I get plans to build in wood (unless there's a better material that's suggested I use)?

Thank you in advance.

Caflyt

Welcome Raymond,
This subject is one that many discuss here and it has been batted around for years.
This resource remains one of the best for overall dimensional considerations:
http://markuspilot.com/download/BOEING%20737%20MEASUREMENTS.pdf

You will certainly find many ways to get your needs met.
Firstly you will need to decide if you want full scale, single or dual seat, etc...
much also depends on your space and such.

Some will suggest purchasing the fantastic shell from FDS as it is the simplest route but depends on your budget.
Bob has built his shell from scratch with help from Ray and it looks great and serves his needs so he may chime in here with some advice.

Good luck and remember...SEARCH is your friend !

jackpilot

Quote from: rjornd on March 07, 2018, 08:35:43 AM

Since I plan on using the PMDG 737NG for the flight dynamics, I'd like to model that variant.

Hi Raymond

Welcome aboard
May I suggest a search on this forum and others on the use of PMDG for a fully interfaced cockpit build.   Even if the flight dynamics are well acclaimed, it may not the ultimate choice from an interfacing point of view.

Jack

Joe Lavery

Hi Raymond,

If you decide to build in wood, Michael's YouTube tutorials are brilliant and workable with the usual hand tools, so don't be put off by his very well equipped workshop.
It would possibly take longer by hand but is easily doable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY6LAcEsfqeslCMi6isG6qA

Best of luck and welcome
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Bob Reed

Rays and I did build my shell. It was a lot of work but it did turn out well and we where able to modify it a touch to fit into my space. The hardest part are all the angles. I was also not real concerned that it looked just like a shell as I was going to build a square box to build in and who cares what the outside looks like? I will get the model we used to build this out and post a picture of it.... After I glue it back together..... :-[ It took a small fall the other day! lol

ifeliciano

rjornd

Quote from: Caflyt on March 07, 2018, 10:05:11 AM

Good luck and remember...SEARCH is your friend!

Oh, how well I know. The issue I ran into was the daunting task of sorting through the endless volumes of 737 keyword hits.

I was hoping to avoid needing to measure in metric, but if Mark's plans are considered to be in the top of the class, I'll do the conversions.

rjornd

Quote from: jackpilot on March 07, 2018, 11:05:15 AM

May I suggest a search on this forum and others on the use of PMDG for a fully interfaced cockpit build.   Even if the flight dynamics are well acclaimed, it may not the ultimate choice from an interfacing point of view.

Noted. Thank you.  8)

rjornd

Quote from: Joe Lavery on March 08, 2018, 04:22:36 AM
Hi Raymond,

If you decide to build in wood, Michael's YouTube tutorials are brilliant and workable with the usual hand tools, so don't be put off by his very well equipped workshop.
It would possibly take longer by hand but is easily doable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY6LAcEsfqeslCMi6isG6qA

Best of luck and welcome
Joe.

I will definitely check him out. I don't mind getting the tools I need as I go. It'll be part of the fun. In the end, I'll have a well-equipped workshop, too.  ;D

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate