Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
448 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 448
Total: 448

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

TQ Question

Started by Steenos, April 07, 2018, 04:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steenos

There's a guy on Twitch DAL213 has a full motion sim. It's pretty amazing if you haven't checked it out. He recommended these guys at FSC.it for a TQ. Their fully motorized TQ though is 4600 Euro. That seems a bit steep. My question is.

If I buy the non motorized TQ can I motorize it myself? Or is it worth the hassle?

https://www.fsc.it/Product.aspx?lang=ENG&ID=20ffe6f3-758a-45ec-91c7-7bf5758f4be0&CODE=875793

jackpilot

Has been debated at length
Can be done...hard work
Is it worth the effort/ money ?
IMHO no...But you may disagree lol
While you are at it there is also yokes automation and control loading .... :D

Jack

mickc

As Jack says, it can be done, but at what cost?

Depending on your abilities, unless you can engineer most components yourself you would need farm out the machining work, FSC use good quality parts unlike some others.
By the time you got all the motors, clutches, drives, controllers, power supplies, solenoids etc, plus got all the parts machined you would be getting close to the 4600 euro price tag anyway.

Not to mention the warranty on your original unit will be void, and also the price tag can change if your first design idea doesn't work out.  (Im sure any one else here that has motorized a throttle can agree that their designed were changed a few times before the final solution :) )

Steenos

Thanks guys. I've heard nothing but great reviews from these guys. I know 5k is a lot. But I've also heard not great things on cockpitforyou's support. Like taking several months to receive your throttle from them.

Also what's your guys take on Prosim? I thought Prosim was just a configuration software and I didn't realize it was a full sim. FDS guys said it was a proper sim and not a desktop sim like xplane 11 and pmdg.

mickc

Prosim is a system simulator, it models all the systems of the 737 or A320, and allows the interfacing of hardware, and handles the cockpit displays etc.
You still need FSX or P3D for the actual flight simulator side of things.

Joe Lavery

Hi Justin,

I think you're mixing up what a sim and the control software for a cockpit are.

Sim's are as you mentioned X-Plane, also FSX, Prepar3D,  and a few other not so complete solutions.

Whereas Prosim is the software you would use to run your whole cockpit. So for example the multi-function displays on the MIP, the CDU's, FMC and of course the overhead panels. It does not provide an external view or any scenery, these come from the sims I mentioned at the start.

Also there are other solutions for running your cockpit as well, there's FDS's own SimAvionics, PMDG and as you mentioned ProSim. If you Google these applications you can read all about them and then make a more informed decision. There are naturally many different opinions as to the benefits of each, weighed against the price, and the same applies to the Sims themselves. You'll find lots of folk on this site, some who have tried them all and will gladly tell you which they prefer.

Hope that helps.
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Joe Lavery

Sorry Mick,

You beat me to the answer, didn't mean to repeat what you had already written.
:idiot:

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Steenos

That's what i thought about Prosim. But the way someone was explaining it to me i felt like I was understanding it wrong.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate