Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:28:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
448 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 448
Total: 448

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Revsim TQ Trim Indicator Motor Failure

Started by jfuenmayor, June 03, 2018, 08:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfuenmayor

Hi guys:

I need some help with my Revsim TQ.

After upgrading to the latest version of Prosim, v2.05, and after some maintenance work on my sim that has kept me busy for the past weeks (cleaning, cables etc.), while testing an engine failure and after leveling, rudder trimming etc., I noticed that the Trim Wheel Indicator stopped moving.

Upon opening the TQ, all cables and connectors  seemed to be in place. I normally do not turn on the trim wheel, but when I did, it would not stop moving on its own without any input from the trim switches. Anyhow, everything else works well including the autothrottles. The trim indicator on the EICAS works, and shows motion as trimming is applied with the trim buttons on the yoke, which indicates that the software is operating as it should.. The sim is fully flyable except for this. No trim wheel (it runs constantly, managed by turning of the motor with the switch on the TQ), and no trim indicator operation on the TQ.

This TQ is one of the latest built before REVSIM went belly up. It is a very solid and sturdy unit that has been working flawlessly for the past three years. This unit has a Joystick card and two Opencockpits motor cards. After testing everything I have come to the conclusion that the motor is done. Lastly, when I open the SIOC monitor, the trim motor shows "APAGADO" which means  turned off, in summary defunct, I think.

Now, my problem is that I have no diagram for the unit and I cannot even determine with certainty, where and how to access, remove and hence replace the motor, short of disassembling blindly the whole thing, which of course, I would prefer not to do. So if any of you has any info in this regard, I would appreciate the input. The SIOC script I use is the one that was supplied by REVSIM and which I modified.

Thanks in advance.

JF

iwik

It sound like its not receiving feedback as to where the trim wheel is set. So i would look
in the sioc script to see if they are using a pot to read position. Then measure on the pot
input to the interface to see if this voltage is varying. The pot or wiring maybe faulty.
Or the motor cards output may be shorted and the motor is being driven constantly. You could try and swap motor cards.
Les

jfuenmayor

Thanks Les. I just read your post.
I will try that.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate