Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:13:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
452 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 452
Total: 452

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Securing Overhead Indicators

Started by Nolatron, June 15, 2018, 12:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nolatron

In the past I've always just used hot glue to secure indicator boxes to my MIP and overhead panels. It works, but can be a little messy. 

I'm getting close to having do this on my new overhead so was curious what other builders may have used on their overhead panels so secure the indicators to the panels.  Just wondering if maybe there is a better/different way than hot glue.

:idiot:
Shaun

FredK

A tiny application of super glue works fine!  And less messy than hot glue!  Find the kind with a convenient pinpoint applicator.....for example, Locktite "Precision Applicator".

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

jackpilot

My experience is that they snap in and do not need anything else to hold where they are. (FDS )
Besides you might have to remove some at some point for whatever reason. Glue may be a problem then.

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate