Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
455 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 455
Total: 455

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

SIOC Stepper Help

Started by okansacli, September 03, 2018, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okansacli

Hello

I am building a wet compass with a step motor using the Open Cockpits Stepper Motor Card.

I have no issues with the SIOC code.

And I believe to have achieved the optical sensor working correctly (no needle in between +5vdc, needle in between 0vdc in the middle pin of the 3pin position group)

I can not seem to run the iostepper.exe correctly as always I see C.Motor1,2 and 3 to be 0 with a continousluy rotating step motor.

Any suggestions ? Did anyone else experience similar issues with open cockpit step motor calibration ?

Best Regard from Istanbul

Okan

iwik

Okan,
The stepper motor should turn at power up. It should do two revolutions then stop. If it doesnt then the opto fedback is not working. Make sure you have enable the correct motor.
Also when it rotates short out the opto input to the board and it should stop.
Les

okansacli

Thank you for the feedback Les,

The stepper motor turns at power up and keeps on turning .. does not stop..

The opto feedback works (i asumme) such that the middle pin (the 3 pin position group) has +5v when the sensor is not blocked, when the sensor is blocked has 0 v.

How can I short our the opto input (shall I bridge pin 2 and pin 3) ?

What do you mean "make sure you enable the correct motor" ? please clarify

Best Regards

iwik

Hi,
Pin 1 is 0v and 3 is 5v. Just short pin 1 and 2 together and the motor should stop.
Make sure you  sc the correct pos input for the motor number you are using.
Sorry about the motor enable remark. That shouldnt matter.
I have made the mistake of sc the wrong pos input and wondered why. Just to make sure
try sc any of the motor position inputs. Dont get mixed up with the Analogue inputs on
the board.
Hope this helps.
Les

okansacli

the H21A1 type optical sensor was doing its job by switching the 5vdc to 0 vdc when there was an obstruction in between "without" connection to the OC Stepper cards. But when connected to the OC stepper position pins, the voltage drop was limited to ~2vdc instead of 0 vdc (somehow) which made the step connected to the OC stepper to keep on rotating.

So I have changed the optical sensor to LM393 based sensor and it works like a charm. (the sensor was available for audrino as a motor speed sensor)

So for those who plan to use OC stepper card, make sure that the optical position sensor is doing what it should do.

I have uploaded a video on my web site (okansacli.com) for those who are interested.

Best Regards from Istanbul

okan s.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate