Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
465 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 465
Total: 465

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Linked Brakes

Started by captdini, September 05, 2018, 03:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captdini

Hi People,

A quick question here. I know most hardware manufacturers offer linked Rudder Pedals as a product. Does anyone know if linked brakes are also being sold by anyone? specifically for a Boeing.

Thanks,

Dinshaw.

Trevor Hale

Dinshaw, I have never seen a linked Braking system before on an aircraft.  So I don't think anyone would offer such a thing.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

mickc

Not sure about other aircraft, but the 737 has linked brake pedals.

I havent seen a commercial product that replicates though

RayS

You could link them electronically using a microcontroller like a Teensy or Arduino. As for mechanical linkage I would imagine something like that to be sooper-expensive.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Garys

Yes, the 737 does have linked brakes but you literally have to be leaning over the pedestal to see any movement even when in the full fwd position. Not worth the effort or expensive so I highly doubt you will find a hardware manufacturer offering this feature unless specifically asked for in a custom build.

navymustang

Very lucky here, I have fully operational linked brakes on my 737-800 sim at home.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Trevor Hale

:eek: Wow, didn't see that coming, never heard of such a thing!

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

captdini

Yes Trevor, the 737 does have linked brakes.

How did you manage the linked Brakes Jim? Did you get them like that or have you modified them? I would love to know.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Dinshaw.

blueskydriver

HOLY SMOKES MINE ARE LINKED!

Yes, after all this time I have linked brakes and just forgotten. Okay, some years back I made a video of my yoke and pedal platform, and where I totally went through each portion of it to describe how everything works.

If you give me a few days to find, convert and upload it all to YouTube I will, but please be patient as I am trying to finish our outside yard work and after weeks of rain here in Wisconsin, we're finally getting some nice days...woohoo :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

navymustang

Dinshaw - I purchased from surplus the base assembly for my sim. It had been a level 4 FTD used by an airline prior to being scrapped.  Like John, I could take some pictures from above the floor, but I can't get under my sim to take pictures of much of the linkage. I have to jack the sim up to get under it.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

captdini

Thanks so much John and Jim,

I dont want to trouble you guys but I really appreciate ya'll taking the time to share your linked brakes setup. Look forward to it.

Best wishes,

Dinshaw.

blueskydriver

Hi Dinshaw,

I found my video tape 1 of 2 and viewed it, but it does not show the toe brake linkage. I'll look for tape 2 tomorrow and I hope that it has what you're looking for. If not, I am going to recover my yoke and pedal platform with the coin shape rubber matting soon, so if you can hang in there I will get some new video for you...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

captdini

Hi John,

Thanks so much for searching for the video. I have all the time in the world to wait, so no hurry!

Cheers,

Dinshaw.

blueskydriver

Hi Dinshaw,

Sadly, I found the one video with just a few minutes of footage, but it's not showing the connected braking portions. If you can wait, I am putting my sim back together and in doing so, I will be taking the carpeting off the platform, and then adding the rubber matting. This change means I have to remove the MIP from the Yoke and Pedals Platform and in turn, I will flip the platform up and shoot new video.

This will not only help you, but will help others because the whole system underneath the platform is rather simple in design. That was the main reason I recorded in the past, but I never thought I'd misplace the video footage. In the mean time, I will upload what I do have so you can at least get the general idea.

Again, sorry for the delay...

John

peterkwu

There's a picture on my website of how Boeing does the interlinks. Basically a series of connecting rods, it would not be expensive to fabricate, especially if you made the components out of steel.

http://www.fly737ng.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/photo-4.jpg

Like John, my sim is undergoing renovation at the moment. I hope to have the floor flipped up in about a month and can make a short video about how it works.

I do agree with a prior poster that you probably won't notice the difference if you don't have this functionality.

--
Check on my progress at
http://www.fly737ng.com

Fly_AB

Quote from: captdini on September 05, 2018, 03:47:10 AM
Hi People,

A quick question here. I know most hardware manufacturers offer linked Rudder Pedals as a product. Does anyone know if linked brakes are also being sold by anyone? specifically for a Boeing.

Thanks,

Dinshaw.

Hello Dinshaw and All friends,

To add for Peter explanation above, i would like to add some details on how the Toe brake mechanism linked to each other as well as the rudder itself.

If we dismantled the 737, even the latest one Boeing 737-900 ER, has the same mechanism. I have had experienced dismantling many 737-200 to 737-900 ER.

Btw, I will provide this in the near future for any builders who need to save time building their cockpit and the website is under development www.flyabsimparts.com

Here is the pictures on the details of the toe brake mechanism linked.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate