Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
127 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What works anymore?

Started by blueskydriver, November 15, 2021, 01:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Okay, you all might know I still use a Matrox TH2GO Triple Head Digital box and NTHUSIM that works great with Windows 7 and FSX. This can work great with Windows 10 and P3D if I have Windows 10 version 1703, but where can I get that version now since I just installed Windows 10 two weeks ago?

Thus, no P3D this way; unless, I can get 1703. But that means redoing Windows 10 on the sim computer again!!!

Therefore, is there anyone using P3D and a TH2GO with a different screen correction program.

I have FlyElise, but haven't used or updated it for years, so I don't know about that yet. I'll look into it tonight....

However, please tell me what you're using, be it TH2GO or not, but if not, what video card are you using too get three outputs? Mind you this is a single PC setup with 3 projectors and wanna try too keep it this way until I can do it like Fred with multiple PC's and such. So, for you single PC users with 3 projectors running P3D, do tell.

Or, if you're running MSFS2020...Trevor... and using a single PC, tell what video card you're using? Lol, I know there are others who do, but Trevor is this guru of doing this.

Lastly, I wish everyone would add or update their info at the bottom of their that shows what they're using. If you haven't yet, will you please do so? It really helps others big time, myself included....

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

Hi John,

I run an Nvidia 2070 and run all projectors on that in Surround mode with Fly-Elise Software.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey Trevor,

Which ports are you using on the card, as well as what are your projector connector ends, and are you using adapters, if yes, which ones?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Jason L

Running 2 1080ti.. main projector on first one and side views on the second.

Why version 1703 of windows? That is old and not as secure.

blueskydriver

Hey Jason,

Yep, it's old for sure. Do you by chance have it?

John

Jason L

What needs 1703?  If it works on that it should any of the more recent ones. Just curious.  Haven't run across a program that only works in a specific version of windows 10.

blueskydriver

Oh it's the NTHUSIM program....

John

Jason L

Thats odd.  I know you mentioned you had fly-elise, which is kind of the standard go-to now for screen / projector alignment.  If you don't have a current version, I believe it is something like 40% off the normal price to renew or something like that.  Might be worth a look to move to something that is supported and currently updating instead of using something that is no longer supported.

blueskydriver

Hey Jason,

Yep, I just found my FlyElise receipt emails from back in 2011...lol...I know 10 years ago. I'm going too move in that direction though....

As for NTHUSIM, since I kept my previous FSX setup running in a dual-boot scenario, it'll still be very useful; especially, that it works so well.

John

Jason L

You can look at trying to run it in compatibility mode in Windows 10 if there are issues with a newer OS version.  You can set it to run for example in Windows 7 compatibility.  That 'should' eliminate any potential issues.  Again, I have yet to run across an app that works in Windows 10 1703 that doesn't in newer versions and I've had many MANY old apps in my work that haven't been updated since before windows 7 that I can get to run.  So unless they are doing something goofy unique it should work.

blueskydriver

Hey Jason did you see that post about NTHUSIM and looking for a programmer type person. Here is Brad Hawthorns email, please ask him what it could be or better yet, get in with him  ;D

brad@sim.vu

Also, here is the Facebook page with info on why it's like this:

https://m.facebook.com/174851779784019/

Here is what he's saying:

https://www.facebook.com/174851779784019/posts/212942042641659/

John

Jason L

Ugh...well I hate to say it but then that is just poorly coded in how it is interfacing with windows. :(  Get Fly-Elise and keep your systems on a current version of windows.  1703 isn't supported and leaves you very vulnerable if it is connected to the internet.

fordgt40

Sorry, but Fly Elise is similar, at least it was a year or so ago. It to often breaks down after a Windows update and you have to download a new version, however, after a period of time (I do not recall, but it is in their small print) you lose free updates and have to fork out a lot of money to get updates again!!!

navymustang

I want to chime in on FlyElise.

I have been using this product professionally on many very complex sims and at home on my 737-800 and more recently my helicopter sim. It is flawless. Never has it failed and it is only reasonable that you would want to get updates, even if you have to pay for them. After all, that is how your simulation experience is constantly improving.  To say that NTHUSIM and FlyElise are similar is only true in that they are both warp and blending software packages. FlyELise is used by professional builders everywhere.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

fordgt40

Jim
Perhaps you misunderstand or my post was poorly written!

Jason had commented about poor coding with NTHUSIM and suggested using Fly Elise. I was only pointing out that Fly Elise also makes direct calls into the Windows code. Consequently, on a number of occasions Fly Elise has to recode its "hooks" via an update else it simply does not work at all. These updates are forced on you, potentially at extra cost dependent where  you are in the software life cycle.
My post was purely prompted by Jason`s comments and not any reflection on Fly Elise performance

David

blueskydriver

Thanks guys for helping me understand these programs more.

If I were too make an educated guess, it seems most problems for both, along with how many other flight sim software programs (plus hardware), are mostly affected by Windows 10. Yes, it's a great OS, but it can be difficult to deal with at times....

Any hoot, I won't turn this into a Windows 10 debate; instead, I ask what are some things I can do in FlyElise that will set it up easier or faster. If you're using it do tell as to what I should look out for please.

John

fordgt40

John

I defer to Jim on this as he has more experience

David

brianwilliamson

I look forward to any information on here, as I am about to upgrade from using 3 computers/ 3 projectors to a single computer and 3 projectors.

Main reason , to run active sky/ radar  etc.,

The computer is a 10900K on a Maximus Xll, and a 3080i, so I guess I will hope that anyone with some help on this will be appreciated, as I will have to upgrade my Immersive Display so as to run windows 10 on my new computer as I doubt Win 7 will be any use.

There help files on Immersive I am afraid are not the best !!

cheers..........Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

blueskydriver

From what I am reading on Fly Elise, I am not sure what I need really. There is Immersive Display Pro and from what I can tell, all that I need is the Ultimate version which includes the Calibration Pro.

However, there is the Immersive Designer Pro (basic) and do I really need that? Isn't that used for designing everything beforehand? In other words, what is really needed for a 3 projector setup?

Lastly, in the Calibration Pro User Guide it has that a Matrox TH2GO can be used, which is good for now. Otherwise, it seems that getting a new video card is either really hard due to low stock or the prices are ridiculous because of it....

John

Jason L

I'm a few months out from doing my setup yet so I can't be much help, however there are some ok tutorials on YouTube

brianwilliamson

John, I think you are on the right track, just need Immersive display and I would think Calibration as well which seems to set all your parameters for a 3 projector without any add-ons.
As you say, the video card is the main thing you need, as I have been waiting months to get one, which I finally got the 3080ti, at a ridiculous price I might add, just depends how long to wait !!!

Cheers...........Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim

blueskydriver

Hey Brian,

Definitely hear you on the video card prices...I purchased a new RTX 2070 a year ago or so for $599 and now it's nearly $1,400 for the same card!

For now, I will keep trying to get the TH2GO to work until I can get another card of the same model or higher.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for Fly Elise to reply about my previous versions and applying discounts to purchasing the newest versions. I have Immersive Display Designer v1.1 and Immersive Display 2 Lite from way back in 2011. Funny thing is I never used either one since NTHSUIM worked for all that time for me.

John

Jason L

John,  What resolution are you wanting to achieve?  4k?  1080p?  Just curious, as if you aren't looking to do 4k your 2070 might be able to do 3 projectors at 1080p on its own.

I purchased Immersive Display Pro ULTIMATE with the hardware lock to use for my setup.  It comes with the calibration pro and exports into the correct format for various simulator softwares.

blueskydriver

Hey Jason,

Yep, I have the 2070 in my Dell T7500 Workstation and it runs MSFS 2020 amazingly well, along with Adobe CC.

It's a 12 year old computer with maxed 192GB ram running W10 on a SATA SSD drive with MSFS 2020 on a second SATA SSD drive.

Albeit, it's designed for 3D Graphic Production, what it does for gaming is great! I picked up three of them for $200 each a few years ago. Then, purchased the 192GB RAM from aftermarket company for $200 total; back in 2009 it would've cost 10-20 times that much.

Any hoot, my point is that a system like this matched with an updated NVIDIA video card can be a very viable computer. Plus, I purchased these from Public Surplus and don't regret it at all.

Sadly, my sim pc is an I7 2600k and that's a little old. It has a NVIDIA 580 card, and I could take the 2070 out of the T7500 temporarily and throw it in I7 2600k just too see how it goes. Or, just buy a whole new sim pc now....

Either way, I'll get there and thank you for the advice.

John

brianwilliamson

Hardware
3 Projectors ( run by 1 nvidia 3080 ti  graphics card, in surround mode)
3 Curved screens

The Server computer for running the Immersive Calibration is on Windows 7, but all connects Ok and
all sharing seems ok.

Current progress:

Screen /projectors have been warped using immersive calibration pro and files exported.
procalib files and viewgroup.xml
viewgroup.xml has been placed in correct location for P3D
 (PROGRAMDATA\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D )

I run  immersive display pro and assign projectors, 3 x 1,
then select calibfile that I created with Immersive calibrating.

At this point I can only assign 1 calibfile, It will not allow me to select a calibfile for each projector.
If I select the single calibfile and then click on configure the screen is warped perfectly.

Then I load P3D and click viewgroups and select the immersive file.
I have only a front view (warped),  but not the left and right
I have tried using one multi calib file in immersive display pro, but when I run P3d the screen is all black.

OK, looks like the fun has begun  trying to follow their instructions
, most of which do not indicate much at all !!

My son is helping me with the software, as he is 10 times faster than I am , ageing is no fun !!

So if someone has some ideas on this It would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards...........Brian W. & son

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate