Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:34:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
121 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Aerosim News

Started by jackpilot, July 30, 2011, 10:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

AEROSIM SOLUTIONS SUSPENDS TRADING
Gwyn Perrett from Aerosim Solutions has announced he is suspending trading for a limited time. As some of our members will know, Gwyn dismantled his own B737 simulator for a ground up rebuild but he says the continuous workload from customer orders has put his own project on hold for nearly two years now. Not much rebuilding has happened to it in that time and this is the message just in from Gwyn.

"I have been making some really good replica simulator parts for customers for two years now and Aerosim Solutions has prospered and grown way beyond my original expectations. I have a great customer base and most of them are now new friends and quite a few of them are repeat customers which is always a good sign of getting it right! In the last two years I have expanded the workshop and put all profits back into new tooling and equipment to improve production. Orders have been regular without any form of advertising to date and all this time my own simulator has sat in the corner in pieces, in the last two years I have only made a new MIP, new yokes and rudder pedals. I don't have a desktop set up and it has been a long time since I have actually used FS and I am really missing it. I have completed orders of TQs and flight controls that are very superior to what I originally made for myself and for this reason my own sim was suddenly no longer good enough for me and a rebuild had to happen! The first time around I went along the path of simplicity and functionality, my sim was a pretty good 737 but in it's new form it will be a photoreal replica with much more functionality and a triple projection set up. The only way this can happen is if I switch off Aerosim Solutions for a while. It is heartbreaking to spend a month making a great TQ for someone else wishing it was for my simulator and then packing it in a box never to be seen again. I find it very frustrating because of not having my own working simulator so the new plan is to get stuck in to finishing my own simulator so I can once again be enjoying the original hobby like our members and my customers, then I will be able to get back to Aerosim Solutions refreshed and refocussed. I think the day I have to switch to fulltime is getting closer and that will be a big decision to deal with when it comes. I would like to thank all of my customers and friends for their business and support. I would also like to acknowledge fellow sim component vendors and the cooperation that exists between us, in particular Peter Cos from Flightdeck Solutions and Roberto Soriano from Throttletek, cheers guys!!!"
Gwyn assures that his current customer commissions will be completed but for the immediate future no more orders will be accepted and Gwyn offers his apologies to those cockpit builders who this announcement will affect. Aerosim Solutions will return!

Cheers, Gwyn

Jack

bussgarfield

Gwyn,

Thats one hell of a decision to make and it could not have been easy for you to have come to the decision that you have. I do not have first hand experience of your work (yet) but if the feed back on this forum is anything to go by, your creations are first class.

I am sure that I will not be alone in wishing you well with your well earned break and hope that your cockpit project comes to life soon the way you are wishing for.

Please don't be a stranger here and keep us updated on your progress.

All the best.
Gary 
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

DaveK

Its a shame for the other people who were contemplating ordering from Gwyn. On the selfish side I am glad I ordered my TQ base and recieved it before you take the hiatus from the workload.
I can well understand the frustration of not being able to fly yourself as my sim is in packing boxes whilst I move.
All the best Gwyn, thanks for a fantastic product and I can highly recommend your products to future customers.
Have fun with the build of your personal sim and looking forward to the progress photos of your quality components and the final cockpit.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate