Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
116 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Help with removal of TQ part

Started by kurt-olsson, January 12, 2020, 03:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Hi.

Does anyone of you that own a real OEM classic TQ have been able to remove this part?

Or know how to.

This thing is useless for me and i want to make my cables go there instead.

By the way, what kind of part is this used for?

FredK

Caveat: It has been more than 6 years since I did my TQ conversion so the following advice is based on some sketchy memory.......

Advice:  I would be cautious about removing any of that (other than the wiring).......

If I remember correctly that mechanical assembly is located on the forward (aircraft nose) wall of the TQ. I believe the upper part it is involved with the mechanical and electronic function of the reversers including related to the mechanical operation of the speed brake. If so, you do need to have that mechanical function retained since it operates the release of the speed brake from it's detent position when the reversers are deployed. The wiring of course can be removed.

I may be wrong about all that, but do inspect the mechanical operation very closely in that regard. In any event I did not remove that assembly in my project.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

kurt-olsson

Thanks Fred!
This is enough of information that i will leave this part alone and go for plan B.

Thanks for your input!

mickc

Hi Kurt,

Fred is quite correct, the lever is linked to the reverser cam rollers and speedbrake RTO unlock mechanism.

As you can see from the first pic, there are lots of parts to it, and you cant just remove the switches without taking the whole thing apart.

You cannot view this attachment.

In the NG there are less switches and they are on a removable plate, but the mechanism is still the same.

On my last TQ, there was plenty of room for the wiring, i just routed it around the side. If you use the original cable routing it should be fine. - See pic below.

Also the NG for comparison. (sketchy photo, i didnt have one of just that area, so i zoomed in :) )

kurt-olsson

Thanks Mick.

I am in trouble now.

I used to do the classic wires out the back on extended bottom plate.
But after seeing this video i would like it more simple and compact without any extra bottomplate.

The thing is that i cant understand how the wires can fit between the fuel cutoff wheels in this video.
There will be contact with the wheels when using the fuel lever.

I am aldo thinking of a linkage rod as in the NG to control instead of wires...

I just opened pandoras box...

First picture prevois solution that had been scrapped

Second is that i try to fit a sprockwt inside the TQ

kurt-olsson

Here is the link to the video with the setup i am after

https://youtu.be/QQTjquHQE94

mickc

That video show you there is many ways to do the job :)

I only used the wires out the back method on the first TQ as the whole plate came as part of the TQ.

The wires will fit between the fuel cutoff wheels no problem.  The cutoff levers are mounted on the outside of the TQ levers, and they run the original cables through there too, they go aft of the bolt that the cutoff wheels pivot on.

Beware the NG rod idea requires a lot of underfloor space.  I was hoping to do away with the back plate on the NG TQ as well, but i had to fabricate one from scratch because the A/T gearboxes and clutch/resolvers is mounted to it from underneath

** Work In Progress Shots **

kurt-olsson

I just cant belive my eyes...
Jeees, all your stuff looks like it came out of the Boeing factory!

I just want to get my TQ from crap to maybe 2/10 in Mick-level! :)

Your work is almost art!

mickc

:-[  :-[   They aren't all masterpieces, i assure you  :laugh:

For every "jewel" there are 3 piles of shit in the corner trying to get it right !

Joe Lavery

Hey Mick,

I reckon there are many users on this forum that would happily buy your piles of shit.....  :laugh:  8)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate