Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
455 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 455
Total: 455

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Alaska Airlines N512AS 737-800

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vidarf

Flyboyandre

Received an email from Krzysztof at Simworld today stating that they were done machining my MIP and that it left Poland today.
This is in many ways the key component for the interior build as it houses all the digital displays.

Additionally I tracked down a pair of 737 seats from Nick at APHS in Florida today so they should also be on their way across the country shortly.

My SSD drives arrived today as well and I built a temporary shelf unit that I hauled into an upstairs bedroom in order to start the main software installation.

Time to enjoy a cold drink while kicking back nearby the air conditioner. Cheers!

Flyboyandre

As I await panel parts and other components for the build, I decided to start working on the avionics software.
After installing the 3 new SSD drives this morning I got the OS up and running and started building the software layers for the sim.
This looks to become a 6 or 7 PC powerplant by the time I'm done, which is right in line with what I envisioned when I started.
Love the Prosim 737 software!

Benja

I would have to agree with you there, as I have had Prosim for a year now and it blows away PM for sure!

Not sure about SA as I haven't tried that.
Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

jackpilot

Try demos!
Some use Open GL, some do not.
Some work well on 2 or 3 computers only
Take your time , this is the heart of the sim, price should not be the decision factor.
My 2¢ only.
Jack

Jack

Benja

Jack,

My point exactly, as I had PM (big bucks) for several years and was not happy. I spent too much time configuring!

Now with Prosim I spend all my time flying and it was cheaper.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: jackpilot on July 08, 2012, 01:14:33 PM
Prosim is not the only new kid on the block.

Absolutely true. I simply would never slam any of the systems available. I never ended up testing SA but see that a lot of people really like it. Regardless I ended up with Prosim as it seemed so incredibly easy to work with. Actually purchased it and ran it for a bit in my old simulator.

Benja

Yes, I realize Prosim is not the only new kid, but it suits my budget and works 100 times better than PM.

The biggest thing I like is it has it's own flight model, so no messing around trying to get it to fly right.

vidarf

PM? Anybody said PM?

'Nuff said.

Andre, have you considered Sim-A? I'm torn between the two (forget budget)...

Flyboyandre

Quote from: vidarf on July 08, 2012, 11:06:59 PM
PM? Anybody said PM?

'Nuff said.

Andre, have you considered Sim-A? I'm torn between the two (forget budget)...

Yeah Vidar I have and who knows with time. However since I have a full license set to Prosim I will go that direction first. Very happy with it so far.

geneb

I have to admit, in hauling that old cockpit off to the dump I can say I've seen homes built to a lesser standard. :)  Not only did he use a vapor barrier in the floor, but he used the right OSB floor decking material. :)  (and insulation!  EVERYWHERE. :D )

g.
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: geneb on July 09, 2012, 01:54:32 PM
I have to admit, in hauling that old cockpit off to the dump I can say I've seen homes built to a lesser standard. :)  Not only did he use a vapor barrier in the floor, but he used the right OSB floor decking material. :)  (and insulation!  EVERYWHERE. :D )

g.

Daddy taught me well :)

Flyboyandre

Alrighty! The first x-mas present has arrived from Santa in Poland. These guys make quality stuff and it's the first time I have seen anyone rival what my dad could do with tape, bubble wrap and a box. I'm sure that customs just took one look at it and said "we ain't dealing with that one" and on it went.
Still can't figure out how that many goodies can fit in a small box.

Thank you Krzysztof and Filip!

vidarf

Oh, the packages... :) Some years ago, I ran a hardware review website. One of the local "dealers" here in Norway sent us a lot of stuff. One time I had to email them and ask if they wanted their tape back since I got a shipment where the cardboard box easily could've been omitted! They also used to put a few pieces of candy "to snack on while reading the assembly instructions". In that email, I asked if they could stop sending me lemon candy since I'm not a big fan of those.

Next shipment? Oh, boy! I think there was at least 1 cm (.4 inches) of tape on that thing! Inside? A kilo of LEMON CANDY! And _one_ strawberry flavored.... :D

Andre, that looks awesome! How are you going to backlight it?

Flyboyandre

My Chronolite app says that I've been on my mission for 82 days and 13 hours so I guess it's time for a snack break.
Most of you guys probably know me as a "one trick pony" but I tend to keep myself active with many different things. One of my other passions is smoking meats.
This is no news for my friends on the different smoking forums but I realized that I haven't shared this stuff with my friends on the simulator side.

I enjoy throwing new things in my scratch made smokehouse. Today I made beef jerky (last picture), which is an all time favorite in the family.
And most important of all.......I love to share :)

Wanna see some pictures of the stuff I have done? Alright, here we go........

Smokehouse..

Summer Sausage

Smoked Salmon

Woooops :)

Pastrami

Chicken

Pepperoni Sticks

All time favorite smoked Ribeye Roast!

Hungarian Paprika Sausage

How about some Beef Brisket?

And finally some hickory smoked Beef Jerky :)

Sam Llorca

Good morning Andre, man I just got hungry, lol, Good job!! Cheers,

Bob Reed

N737AG

Next CB meeting to be held at Andre's place in Nordheim. All in favor ?

Axel

Sam Llorca

Axel, remember you are in a diet, lol.

N737AG

Exactly Sam ... my diet consists exactly what Andre produces, and beer.

Now, if my doctor starts telling me that I can't eat smoked meats like Andre produces, then I will just have to fire the doctor  :)

Axel

Maurice

I'm pretty sure my arteries clogged up a bit just by looking at those pics.  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Flyboyandre

It's all about Protein :)
Additionally i know what i'm eating as I grind all the meat myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Flyboyandre

Do you want to see the end result after 12 hours of love making? :-D
Too bad pictures dont transfer smell :)
Alright, back to building....

jackpilot

This last post is top!
Either André is a super healthy guy ready for the Guiness Book ,
Or the "word changing software" did strike again and prooved it can have some humour!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate