Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
109 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Insurance policy?

Started by Jason L, November 09, 2021, 09:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason L

As I continue to dump money into my sim pit I'm getting to the point where I probably need to talk to my insurance guy about this project in my basement.  I'm curious what others have done to protect their investment in case of property damage, fire, etc. Also if you've run into any issues getting coverage or a rider on your policy to cover your sim pit.

Trevor Hale

Quote from: Jason L on November 09, 2021, 09:23:00 AMAs I continue to dump money into my sim pit I'm getting to the point where I probably need to talk to my insurance guy about this project in my basement.  I'm curious what others have done to protect their investment in case of property damage, fire, etc. Also if you've run into any issues getting coverage or a rider on your policy to cover your sim pit.

Hi Jason,  Not the first time this has come up before.  I also know of another post, if you search you will find stuff like this post.

https://www.cockpitbuilders.com/index.php?topic=6869.msg48779#msg48779

Basically comes down to a talk with the company, and explain to them you have XXX amount invested in your hobby (No matter what it is) and you would like to mention that so you are covered..  They will increase your rates accordingly.  In most cases its no different then adding an expensive piece of jewellery to your policy, they will just want to know how much it is worth, and will add a rider for "Hobby Equipment"

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Yep, had $100K added to mine years ago for the simulator and RC planes. Now, it's simulator and Lego sets... Helped that my State Farm agent lives just a few houses down, he's been here and knows what I have.

Actually, that's a good idea, have your agent come see what you have. The big thing is make an itemize list with details of new prices and pics. The more info you have the better....

If for some reason the insurance company you have cannot do it, find a different insurance company. In fact, shop around and ask lots of questions.

The biggest thing I learned is, know where the appraiser will come from when tragedy strikes? Are they a local person or from Tem-Buc-Too, if not local they'll do everything they can too deny the claim and not pay out. A local person might do the same, but if they're known for denying claims, the word of mouth will get around and they're business will suffer; I know this first hand from claims I've made.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate