Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:46:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
126 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Synchro interface board

Started by amcalle, March 28, 2023, 11:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amcalle

Hi all,

I'm designing a board to interface synchro based instruments, without the need of using external expensive 400Hz supply.
Basically I have a microcontroller generating all synchro signals which are fed to an amplifier before driving the synchro.
I suceded with a first trial as a proof of concept, and I was able to interface an OEM Boeing 707 DME.
Now I'm designing the complete system on a single board where I will include the microcontroller and ethernet interface.
Once it's ready, I would like to get feedback from users and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested. I will give the boards for free, and I ask you to cover the shipping cost (from Belgium).
If anyone is interested, let me know so I can order enough boards once I submitted my design to the PCB manufacturer
IMG_1661.JPG

Ryan

Howdy, I would be interested in some boards. Is the ratio one-to-one? One board for every instrument you need to drive? Is your software simulator specific? It would be great to be able to interface with x-plane 12 and MSFS. Feel free to PM me on this topic. Looks very interesting!

amcalle

The board will be able to drive 2 synchros. If everything works out and board size is not an issue, I could consider expanding the board to drive even more synchros. Or I could use the simstack philosophy and stack boards on top of each other.

Currently I'm using X-plane 11 (I still have to purchase a x-plane 12 license).

If I find the time, I'll try to make a video of the DME I have interfaced here

jetpilot

I am interested too
feel free to pm me
thanks
Rob

amcalle

OK, noted.

I already told to the guys that sent a PM - I hope I can find the time to finish the design in the coming weeks or months.
I'll let you know again once I have finished the design

amcalle

Here's a video of the 707 DME I interfaced with the cards I designed. These cards don't have the MCU and ethernet onboard, the next design will include them

bernard S

that has caught my attention:-) when will they be ready for purchase?

Nat Crea

Interested.
I wish I hadn't gutted most of my OEM indicators now!

Nat

bernard S

agreed    am really keen on this i have multiple to do front and rear seat standbys

amcalle

Quote from: bernard S on April 16, 2023, 10:34:02 AMthat has caught my attention:-) when will they be ready for purchase?
It's not my plan to sell it, at least not for now. I am interested in getting feedback from users so I can improve the design

bernard S

I dont mind being your huckleberry :-).

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate