Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:52:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
114 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 114
Total: 115

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Rob and Scott update!

Started by kurt-olsson, October 19, 2019, 02:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

You cant have such fine sims without updates!
Whats going on? Working on the MCPs?
Any progress?
Any new Videos?

Hope your all good! :)

XOrionFE

Sorry and thank you for asking.  Much more has been completed since last post but it is a very tough build and one hurdle after another it seems.  But yes, I will have to post a video update or something.  Definitely making progress but slow boat for sure.

Scott

XOrionFE

Here is a quick build update video I made this morning.  Enjoy

kurt-olsson

bernard S

super cool rob  do you all channels working on rcp etc

Nat Crea

kurt-olsson

Wow! Lots of progress!
You are almost comeplete for IFR!
Man, that sim is a beauty! Jeeeezz!

jfuenmayor

Well Rob & Scott, I am truly impressed with your work. Truly amazing. Makes us other mortals humble.

FredK

Simply Impressive!

Thanks for posting

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Ed

Incredible build. Thoroughly enjoyed the update video. Thanks Scott.
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

jackpilot

Jack

XOrionFE

Well, it has been a while.  I have been talking with John (aka Blueskydriver) and he gave me a kick in the butt and asked me to get active again on CB.  Also had a quick chat with Trevor and plan on getting more updates going again.  It was great to visit Mike (Sagrada737) along with Fred, Rob, and Dean recently in NM and be able to enjoy Mike's awesome full motion sim.  Mike is an extraordinary builder as well as a gracious host and wonderful human being.   We are so blessed to have him in this community.  It was also great to meet Fred again after so many years and learn some tips on flying the NG from his awesome experience.

Here is a video I just posted on current state of my sim with a little quick engine start, taxi, takeoff out of Miami complete with glitches and warts but raw video unplanned. Hope you enjoy but don't laugh too much and please realize I have done far too much building and nowhere near enough flying.

Best regards, Scott

https://youtu.be/surArGEWN_g

blueskydriver

Hey Scott,

AWESOME! Glad your posting on the CB! Definitely missed your expertise  ;D

For newer members, Scott is doing a 737 Classic Sim and it's amazing what he's done. So, if you want inspiration and motivation watch his videos, as well as search through his postings. Their loaded with tons of valuable information.

In fact, it was through following his progress that I got into sim building.... His, like others here, are the shoulders I stand on  8)

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Hey Scott,

Just watched your latest video and all I can say is OH MY GOD!

Talk about dedication Scott! Seeing all these gauges and panels working is crazy good. Let alone this is all without an avionics suite being used.

Knowingly, you like the NG and Max for the simplicity and the somewhat lack of gremlins, but seeing all the 737 Classic OEM items being used in a home cockpit build is very very rare. Besides Rob, I don't think there are any that I know of at your level; unless, they're commercialized.

Thank you for posting this and believe me when I say that my mind has been changed. Please keep the posts and videos coming!

Kind Regards,

John

Ps Don't wanna give any spoilers for the video, but I love the "when you're the Captain you can...".
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

FredK

Scott...

Impressive project! Impressive video!

Glad to see your refreshed enthusiasm!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

XOrionFE

So the dirty little secret is that although a beautiful sim and piece of art...I am planning to retire this sim.   I wish to go back to an NG using software PFD and NDs and simplify my life.   I am looking to procure an NG MIP again and have already procured CP Flight MCP, EFIS, and radios to go back to simplicity.  Programming and maintaining an OEM build like this is daunting and extremely time consuming.  One becomes envious of those who are regularly flying their sims rather than building constantly.  A great 6 year experience but coming back full circle now...

blueskydriver

Hey Scott,

I agree about you going with the NG or Max. The B737CL is awesome eye candy, but a lot of work that you already know about. Much like the same reason I didn't pursue the B727 any longer.

For new folks, the biggest question is always how much building or flying do you wanna do. Flying is much better, but some building is good, that way you know your sim. Yet, if you can afford one, get a turn key sim. If I could've afforded a turn key Plug-N-Play sim in the beginning I would have got one.

Either way, you will always have too deal with the gremlins. And Scott knows how to defeat the gremlins better than most of us here. And, for people who don't know what gremlins are; well, it's simple.

Gremlins are things (errors with software and hardware) that happen for no apparent reason that afflict your sim before, during or after flying (or trying) your sim. Things that never appear before and disappear after a reboot or even stay for a whole day, but are never seen again the next.

These gremlins can deter you from flying altogether or drive you mad too the point of selling everything off. Sadly, the gremlins never ever fully go away; they can be more of them or less, but there's always one....

John

Ps Scott with this change of direction, please post your journey and keep the videos coming.

Bob Reed

So Jon, how is your sim coming? Any news on that?

blueskydriver

Hey Bob check me out on the other thread please  ;D

blueskydriver

Hey Scott any news on the change over yet?

John

XOrionFE

Hi John,
Just trying to gather parts I need.  As we all know the world supply chain is a crap show right now so most vendors are having issues filling orders and demand.   Our hobby is no different and probably even worse.   All the major players in our space are backordered and too busy (much of it commercial business) which obviously they have to put preference to over hobby folks like us.

Scott

blueskydriver

Hey Scott,

Totally hear you on that! Just hope it won't be much longer  ;D

John

XOrionFE

Quick update.

I am going to close out this thread on my Classic 737 build by stating that it has been dismantled and is now in storage.  I will post a picture of that aftermath for posterity.  Let me say that it has been an amazing journey trying to get an OEM build going and though I was really close to completing it I realized that sustaining it would be a difficult challenge and also that it was not ultimately full-filling a very basic tenant of sim building which is that of flying. For 4 plus years I have been building and not truly flying.  Now I regress and go back to roots of an NG build with the goal of faster completion toward a finished build and a lot of flying.  I am blessed to have been able to experience the OEM build and am still in awe of staring at real instruments and will try to incorporate some into my new NG build but am going to compromise with aftermarket parts and of course...software gauges..to achieve a more reasonable and sustainable simulation.  Here are the last pictures I will post after tear down.  I will start a new post on my NG build.

Bob Reed

RIP and look forward to the new build

blueskydriver

Hey Scott,

It's amazing seeing all the work you did! I can only imagine all the knowledge you gained from it....

Can't wait too see you're new NG setup as I know it'll be awesome once you get your hands on it...pun intended...lol! 😁

You'll be flying soon!

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate