Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:52:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
38 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

A good overkill pwm module

Started by kurt-olsson, April 05, 2021, 10:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Hi!

I am going to control my backlight with my teensy microcontroller. There are lots of pwm modules that states they can handle 5V 10-20Amps but most of them dont even have cooling.

Can anyone of you recommend a pwm module that can:

Support 5V and be runned continously with around 10-15Amps without getting to hot.

Thanks!

bernard S

emm   seems like a pain point why not buy aircraft master dimner controller ,?

ame

You could split your backlighting into smaller groups and use several PWM modules. Each module would handle only a few amps, and all of the modules can be driven by the same PWM output from the controller. You might have to buffer the Teensy output as most PWM modules have optoisolated inputs drawing several mA, but that's easy to do.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: bernard S on April 05, 2021, 11:31:05 AMemm   seems like a pain point why not buy aircraft master dimner controller ,?

Its not a pain. Its actually smart if you ask me. Let the software do the logic. Otherwise you have to have everything connected on the busses to be able to get all the effects. For example when draining the battery on apu start.

This is why i want to control it with my microcontroller.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: ame on April 05, 2021, 02:10:13 PMYou could split your backlighting into smaller groups and use several PWM modules. Each module would handle only a few amps, and all of the modules can be driven by the same PWM output from the controller. You might have to buffer the Teensy output as most PWM modules have optoisolated inputs drawing several mA, but that's easy to do.

Yeah, i split sections today. But the sections as is in the real plane. OVH is one and pedestal one etc. OVH is the most amp hungry section by far.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate